Attributes to Frame Range

5162   5   0
201 posts
Hi!

What is a way to export attributes from geometry to a frame range for a work item?
Each incoming geometry has its own animated frame range, I create this attribute at the detailed level and I want to pass this attribute to the ROP Alembic Output node to write animation to my alembic in the specified frame range. But all alembics are saved with only one frame range, which I don't need.
201 posts
Here's a better example to illustrate my problem.
I want to understand if the attribute can be addressed at the detailed level to the TOP through HScript expressions, so that each incoming work item has its own frame range.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2020-11-21_15-58-38.png (336.5 KB)

Staff
585 posts
You need to use a Geometry Import TOP if you want to load per-work item geometry attributes. The Geometry Import can be used with a SOP or a file path, and can import detail attributes from the source geometry.
201 posts
Thanks you, tpetrick.

Indeed it sounds reasonable and should work, but somehow it still doesn't work. The attributes for each work item remain unchanged.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2020-11-23_19-03-27.png (224.1 KB)

Staff
585 posts
On the Geometry Import there's a toggle for “Evaluate With Work Item Attributes”. You'll need to turn that on if the SOP network you're importing uses any PDG work item expressions, like @pdg_input. When that toggle is enabled the SOP network is recooked for each work item, rather than only cooked once.
201 posts
Perfect! That's what I need.
Thanks, tpetrick
  • Quick Links