Issues with All viewport Flipbooking with motion blur ON

2419   3   0
26 posts
Hi all,

I ran into an issue today when trying to flipbook All viewports, with Motion Blur on. The flipbook result only contains partial of ONE viewport.

With motion blur OFF, I can see the result of all viewports.

I've tested with both 18.0 and 18.5.

Is this a known issue or I miss something in the set up?

Additionally, where Houdini store the default/original setting for Flipbook? Is there an way I can query this via `hou` package?

Kind regards,
Tung
Edited by tung - Nov. 23, 2020 15:26:59
Staff
5156 posts
Unfortunately the flipbook can't do motion blur when rendering all viewports. That option should really be disabled when rendering all viewports.
26 posts
twod
Unfortunately the flipbook can't do motion blur when rendering all viewports. That option should really be disabled when rendering all viewports.
Thank you for your response. I am wondering if there is a plan to support this in the future?

If you dont mind, may I have another question.

Where Houdini store the default/original setting for Flipbook? Is there an way I can query this via `hou` package?

Regards,
Tung
Edited by tung - Nov. 23, 2020 15:41:00
Staff
5156 posts
tung
twod
Thank you for your response. I am wondering if there is a plan to support this in the future?

Probably not, it would require a pretty large rework of how “all viewports” mode is rendered.

Where Houdini store the default/original setting for Flipbook? Is there an way I can query this via `hou` package?

The defaults are saved to $HOME/houdiniX.Y/flipbook.pref. They can be set or queried interactively via hou.SceneViewer.flipbookSettings() on a valid SceneViewer object. It accesses a FlipbookSettings object.
  • Quick Links