Houdini Engine - Maya Installation Failure

4727   3   1
8 posts
I cannot enable the plugin even though I can see the option to enable it in Maya. I have tried automatically installing it with the installer, i have tried manually installing it via the documentation …. i am definitely in need of assistance.

The error I am getting in Maya when it tries to load is …

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 18.5.351/engine/maya/maya2020/plug-ins/houdiniEngine.mll The specified procedure could not be found. // // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: The specified procedure could not be found. (houdiniEngine) //

I have verified the locations of houdiniEngine.mll etc.

Any help would be appreciated .. I am bout to uninstall Maya and Houdini and clean my system as best I can if Icannot get it working.

Thanks … I have a ticket into SideFX already and will post the solution if it comes my way.
97 posts
Getting this same Error also have the current Houdini production build and and using Maya 2019
Staff
463 posts
Did you copy the mll files yourself, or did you utilize the .mod file? Please confirm that the issue still exists when performing the following:

- Ensure that Houdini starts.
- Copy "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 18.5.408\engine\maya\maya2019\houdiniEngine-maya2019" to "C:\Users\user\Documents\maya\2019\modules" (create the directory if it doesn't exist) and try to load the plugin again.

If these two steps fail, we need to get more information.

- Please post the output of the following MEL snippet: system("set")
- Download process monitor: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon. [docs.microsoft.com] Launch Maya, then run Procmon64.exe. When it opens, in the "Process Monitor Filter" window, set the condition to "Process Name", "is", "maya.exe" and click Add, then OK. Now, attempt to load the plugin. You should see a lot of output in the Process Monitor window. In Process Monitor, click File then Save. Leave the options as default, and choose a location to save the file. Please attach that here.
Edited by johnmather - Dec. 31, 2020 08:51:39
97 posts
johnmather
Did you copy the mll files yourself, or did you utilize the .mod file? Please confirm that the issue still exists when performing the following:

- Ensure that Houdini starts.
- Copy "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 18.5.408\engine\maya\maya2019\houdiniEngine-maya2019" to "C:\Users\user\Documents\maya\2019\modules" (create the directory if it doesn't exist) and try to load the plugin again.

If these two steps fail, we need to get more information.

- Please post the output of the following MEL snippet: system("set")
- Download process monitor: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon. [docs.microsoft.com] Launch Maya, then run Procmon64.exe. When it opens, in the "Process Monitor Filter" window, set the condition to "Process Name", "is", "maya.exe" and click Add, then OK. Now, attempt to load the plugin. You should see a lot of output in the Process Monitor window. In Process Monitor, click File then Save. Leave the options as default, and choose a location to save the file. Please attach that here.

I copied 'houdiniEngine-maya2019' and added modules, and than open maya and went to plug-ins to add the houdiniEngine.mll and still same error. Have not tried the other set yet
  • Quick Links