Need help with RBD Bullet Solver

1490   2   0
18 posts
I've been following the tutorial on here "DESTRUCTION FX IN SOPS" and I like the setup of it. The problem I haven't been able to figure out yet is how to do multiple destructions on the same model at different times. In the tutorial you make a custom velocity to blow out the geo and by doing so you keyframe "overwrite attributes from SOPs" from on to off to switch from the custom to the bullet solver velocity. If you try to do another velocity later in the timeline to blow out another section you would have to turn the switch on again and that would stop the motion of the original velocity. Is there anyway around this using this method? I tried not turning the custom velocity to 0 but 1 instead so it would keep moving, but it just isn't right. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
Farm_House_RBD.hiplc (2.3 MB)

Staff
356 posts
For that you'll need to dive into the RBD Bullet Solver and handle the velocity transfer yourself.
Here's a quick example showing how to do that - it simply adds the velocity to the RBDs.

Attachments:
Bullet_SOP_Multi_Burst.hip (601.6 KB)

18 posts
Thanks for the reply npetit. It looks like I forgot to just hook up the forth bullet solver output to the rbdio input. That fixed the problem. Thanks again.
  • Quick Links