Class inheritance not working as expected in Solaris

3344   6   2
8 posts
Hey guy's

For some reason the inheritance with my class is not working as I expect.

I would expect both lights to be purple and have an intensity of 2.03 by the end of the graph. But only the invisibility toggle seems to work the way it should. Am I missing something here? Please see images below.

Attachments:
setupclasshoudini.PNG (928.1 KB)
classsetupusd02.png (899.3 KB)
classsetupusd03.png (835.9 KB)
classsetupusd04.png (900.8 KB)
classsetupusd05.png (868.0 KB)

7737 posts
Do those lights already have opinions on the color and intensity? In that case they would be stronger than class inherits.
8 posts
hmmmm, wouldn't you always how opinion's on these? How would you ever benefit from classes? Or am I miss understanding what to use classes for?
Edited by suemarisauer - Jan. 19, 2021 05:04:24
8 posts
Ok made a new light didn't do anything to it(so it would have no previous opinions) it still doesn't worked.
8 posts
So If I want to use classes I need to set the original attribute to "do nothing"?
How would I do this in a python node?
Edited by suemarisauer - Jan. 19, 2021 05:16:28

Attachments:
donothing.png (422.1 KB)

Staff
4435 posts
I think more commonly, the light or torus prim would be defined in a separate layer and referenced into the main stage. Opinions coming through inherit arcs are stronger than opinions coming through reference arcs (Inherit before Reference in LIVRPS). But opinions coming through an inherit arc are weaker than opinions in the local sublayer stack (Inherit after Local in LIVRPS).
8 posts
Yeah thanks @mtucker I came to this conclusion myself as well. I'm use to making classes for assets on the top level usd. Building a lighting layer "flat" I ran into LIVRPS lol
  • Quick Links