Color Settings OCIO not available

11375   7   3
28 posts
In H18.5.462 the OCIO color space field is not available and visible. Even though I'm adding an OCIO config file, nothing is happening. Am I missing something?

Attachments:
Screenshot_1.jpg (27.7 KB)

433 posts
dompla
In H18.5.462 the OCIO color space field is not available and visible. Even though I'm adding an OCIO config file, nothing is happening. Am I missing something?

OCIO configs need to be loaded in houdini.env, not from that file picker. Add something like this to your houdini.env: OCIO = C:/ProgramData/OpenColorIO/aces_1.2/config.ocio, with the path to your config file. It will be enabled next time you start Houdini.
Subscribe to my Patreon for the best CG tips, tricks and tutorials! https://patreon.com/bhgc [patreon.com]

Twitter: https://twitter.com/brianhanke [twitter.com]
Behance: https://www.behance.net/brianhanke/projects [www.behance.net]
28 posts
BrianHanke
dompla

OCIO configs need to be loaded in houdini.env, not from that file picker. Add something like this to your houdini.env: OCIO = C:/ProgramData/OpenColorIO/aces_1.2/config.ocio, with the path to your config file. It will be enabled next time you start Houdini.

Thank you for your reply. I have it loaded already. I thought loading it in color settings would give me a proper preview in the viewer.
433 posts
dompla
BrianHanke
dompla

Thank you for your reply. I have it loaded already. I thought loading it in color settings would give me a proper preview in the viewer.

The output transforms should be there. Which renderer are you using?
Subscribe to my Patreon for the best CG tips, tricks and tutorials! https://patreon.com/bhgc [patreon.com]

Twitter: https://twitter.com/brianhanke [twitter.com]
Behance: https://www.behance.net/brianhanke/projects [www.behance.net]
28 posts
BrianHanke
dompla
BrianHanke
dompla

The output transforms should be there. Which renderer are you using?

I'm using Reshift and ACES works fine thru the render.
2 posts
Hey Guys,

yesterday i started Houdini, i figuered out that suddenly without any changes my OCIO what has been working for ages, doesnt work anymore. Whenever i open a Scene and start rendering, iam getting Errors in the RS ROP like on this picture.
I tried everything to fix it, i even reinstalled Redshift. There was an update to Redshift 3.0.58. I thought this could have caused the Problem. But no. Still getting the errors. Tried different ENV changes too, what doesn´t make sense, but i tried.
Also the Optix Denoiser showing a Problem for the first time. I updated an Nvidia Driver, it still appears.
After trying to use different settings to fix the problem, it disapeared for a while. Today after restarting and loading the Scene again. Same issues.
The weird thing is, sometimes the errors even shown, without using a OCIO Color Profile in my ENV.

Iam really running out of Solutions. Anyone having any Idea what might causes the Problem ?

RS ROP Error... [ibb.co]

after reinstalling everything from scratch, it seems working again. 24h Problemsolving where i don´t know what causes the issues.
In the end it seems like that deleting the Cameras might helped. Created new ones. The other thing is what might could cause it was the redshift Update. But i can´t point it to redshift 100 %. There was an update from 3.0.57 to 3.0.58. All old scenes created in the past will show me errors. I don´t know if redshift has changed something inside the settings or has moved any settings. I couldn´t see any differences by creating new scenes. But i do not have any other explanation for it.
Edited by Achilles3000 - Oct. 26, 2021 07:10:12
236 posts
Hi, when Redshift moved to ACES, they added the related settings inside the camera options (see screenshot). Any old cameras won't have these settings so you need to either replace them with new cameras or use the Redshift shelf tool "CamParms" on the old camera.

Rob

Attachments:
old_new_cam.jpg (105.8 KB)

1 posts
Hi. Think I found the solution. Try to download Aces ocio from githab. I used Aces 1.2.
When downloading
- find in files that you download from githab ../aces_1.2/config.ocio and rename it in aces_config.ocio
- go to /Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.5/misc/labs_ocio/ and remove aces_config.ocio
- copy downloaded aces_config.ocio in /Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.5/misc/labs_ocio/

You will have some errors but it should work.
It looks crooked but works for me. On forums heard that it is a Houdini error. Smth like Houdini and RS try to download the same thing and have an error.
If you know what is an exact problem here let me know pls.
  • Quick Links