Particles back to original rest position?

2420   1   2
60 posts
Hello all, how would I go about having my advected particles, in a DOP Network, flow back to their exact, original position? So they re-form the image that I have mapped to them, via an Attribute From Map.

Basically reversing the particle animation, but in a way where the particles are using the advection forces to flow back to original position. Not simply reversing the animation.

Thanks!

T
359 posts
You could probably use POP Attract with a VEXpression to change the goal position per-point. Earlier in your simulation, use a POP Wrangle to store your position as some other before attribute. Then in the Attract expression, fetch that same attribute value and use that to override the target position parameter.

If you need the reversed flow to be very very close to the original, you could always do a separate simulation where you simply use POP Attract or a similar force to closely but not perfectly follow your original simulation, cached and retimed to run backwards.
MOPs (Motion Operators for Houdini): http://www.motionoperators.com [www.motionoperators.com]
  • Quick Links