Reality Capture Plugin - Open Beta

38127   31   9
2 posts
I really want to convince my supervisor to purchase Houdini so we can utilize this plugin. RC now supports coded targets for creating scale in a scene. Is there any development to allow for this functionality in the plug-in? This would be great because you could leave some targets in the photos, shoot 30 objects/people, and apply the same scale bars to all models.
240 posts
Is there any additional setup that you need to do on the RC side to enable this? If it's just an automatic feature then it should work in the plugin. If the project needs additional data, then not currently.
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
2 posts
You click on Detect Markers in Alignment -> Constraints to run the detect markers tool.
It finds the center of two targets on my scale bar and assigns them the names 1x12:028 and 1x12:029.
I then create a distance constraint between the points by manually inputting the name and then define the distance in meters
Now we have the real world size of the object. This is super important for automating data capture for objects in museums, for example.
Edited by thejoe - Jan. 24, 2020 14:41:06

Attachments:
detect_markers_1.PNG (226.0 KB)
detect_markers_2.PNG (4.5 MB)

240 posts
Ah ok, then no, it's probably not possible currently with the plugin. But I'm planning on some work on it relatively soon to add PPI and some other goodies so I'll keep this in mind
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
1 posts
lkruel
Just uploaded a new plugin that is on the latest SDK. Should be working now but do let me know if there are any weirdness.

I'm planning to spend some time in the near future to do another pass and take advantage of PPI and some of the other new features.

It'll be on Tomorrow's daily GameDev build

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Luiz

Hey Luiz, is there any update on when PPI support would be added?

Thanks for all the amazing work you guys have done!
5 posts
Hi. This plugin is currently obsolete and no longer supported. Does this mean it won't be updated anymore at all or is there going to be a new version someday ? Thank you.
Staff
463 posts
We are in talks with Epic to decide if or how we might be able to continue to support the RC plugin in the future. Once we have concrete news, we will post it here.
5 posts
johnmather
We are in talks with Epic to decide if or how we might be able to continue to support the RC plugin in the future. Once we have concrete news, we will post it here.

Alright, thank you for the quick answer.
1 posts
I'm learning photogrammetry with Reality Capture right now. The workflows out there are challenging so I would love it if the plugin was supported in the future.
3 posts
Is there anything new on this topic of the reality Capture plugin coming back?
Edited by kfinla-improbable - Sept. 17, 2021 22:45:12
7 posts
yep i would also be curious to know if you will continue or discard RC plugin in the futur ?
31 posts
Any news on RC support in Houdini coming back?
  • Quick Links