Day 23 Animation | Creatures | Sleep

6859   32   0
32 posts
Mardini Day 23 "Sleep"
102 posts
I've been having a lot of fun pairing vellum with some soft constraints and animation. This is what we all need after March

Here's my Day 23 submission

https://vimeo.com/528130685 [vimeo.com]
Edited by Joshua Petrakos - March 23, 2021 23:36:07

Attachments:
giphySLEEP.gif (880.1 KB)

66 posts
Mardini Day23 Sleep

Have you seen sperm whales sleep? It's one of the most exraodinary scene that I want to see in person as I love scuba diving.

Keep on adventure on rigging and keyframe animation. I transferred Paul into a scuba diver by adding some simple equipment. I have never thought I would have fun with rigging and animation since I am a VFX artist.Pop simulation for the bubble and simple modeling for the sperm whale. Hope you enjoy it.

By the way, please don't feel any pressure because of my work. From scratch, It took me four years solid hard work to get here and now I am paying all my attention to each piece my work because I want to test my limitation and make a breakthrough if possible. I think this is the competition of ourselves. If you improve,learn something new, make new friends or have fun during this challenge, you are definitely the winner and hero no matter what the result is. During my learning experience, I sticked to improve a little bit everyday. Daily exercise are my favorite method but sometimes I was laughed at by some professional artists because most my daily works are simple and "ugly". Now, I wanted to prove that it worked and encourage you guys just keep on trying.In the end of this challenge, I would like to collect my 31 days submission to see what I can get in 31 days daily work.Besides, if I have chance, I would love to share my learing experience and methods to all of you, I chose a very stupid and time-consuming way to learn Houdini but it turns out to be the most efficient and solid way.Hope you like it.

Attachments:
rigging02.png (1.7 MB)

34 posts
Need some sleep asap!

70 posts
Day 23 - Sleep

This sloth has also been going for ironman
35 posts
This is built as a loop, but I needed another 30 minutes for the last 50 frames to finish. I'll post the loop another time. Wanted to make sure I beat the deadline.

37 posts
Day 23. Sleep.
65 posts
Was hoping to add some COP magic with a sky in the background but all is well. Creature week is fun.

51 posts
Another swing, another miss ... please register in the collective

40 posts
Here's all I could get done for today's entry:

32 posts
Mardini Day 23 | SLEEP
34 posts
Day23 - Sleep, had a really tough time getting this to loop, still has a bit of stutter on it, oh well.
33 posts
day23
  • Quick Links