Unity cant find Houdini libraries

3951   3   0
1 posts
Hello !

Im having trouble linking Unity to Houdini.
Im not very familiar with Houdini but im trying to write a script that uses Houdini API. Ive downloaded Houdini and ive installed the custom package in Unity, but when i try to create a “Pipe Session” it wont let me. It gives me an error and says it cant find the libraries but there are files in the “Plugins” folder, does it need more?

I´ve googled around and cant find anyone else having this problem, anyone here knows whats going on?

Attachments:
4396e7f3fe83d42628b3782d5f50401d.png (5.4 KB)

571 posts
It is not finding the Houdini installation, which is usually located in C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software. When you install Houdini, it should add a registry entry which is then used to look up where Houdini is installed.

You can try the following to fix it:
  • Re-install Houdini, and the Unity plugin.
  • Specify where Houdini is installed in the Unity plugin by going into the settings menu and specifying the location: HoudiniEngine > Plugin Settings > GENERAL > Override Houdini Install Path. Note that this is only available in Windows.
1 posts
Hi!

I did override the Houdini Install Path in Unity and after the Unity editor restart it works. But if Houdini has an error (like the one when you hit "undo" a couple of times) it exists from the Unity editor, and the next time I open it I have to do the path change again. And, of course, I have to restart again for the changes to take effect.
100 posts
The settings that you enter in the plugin settings should be saved in heu_settings.ini in the main project directory. Make sure that this file exists. The settings should be saved for your next launch, so you shouldn't have to set it again. If you think that there is a bug somewhere, then please submit a bug report with reproduction steps: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/38188/ [www.sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links