Merge multiple geometry files into one

2670   2   0
918 posts
Hello,

I tried tackling the following problem: 23 bgeo files reside in a folder. Each geo/file has a proper name attribute. I'd like to load and them all in, merge and save as a single file.

I've created a TOP network and put down a file pattern node which creates work items for all 23 files on disk. Below I place a geometry import node which gets the filepath from upstream. I set the merge operation to import and merge all. Then in the storage tab I set a single output file.

When I cook the network the single file is written, yet it contains only data of one of those files.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day.
Andy
Staff
585 posts
After your file pattern node you need to put a Wait for All, so that all of the files are collected into a single work item. Alternatively, on the File Pattern node itself you can disable the "Split Files into Separate Items" toggle to get a single work item with all 23 files.

PDG nodes apply their procedure for each input work item, possibly in parallel. If you want to merge a list of files, the files need to all be associated with the same work item.
918 posts
Thank you very much. It now works great.

Before posting here, my faulty intuition had tried a wait for all after the geometry import node and then a rop geometry output node. It failed me.

Thanks again.
  • Quick Links