Audio Driven Pyro Problem

1620   3   2
3 posts
Hi there, I was trying to achieve an effect that the pyro sim speed is driven by the loudness of an audio file.
so I created an attribute in the attribute wrangle, and I tryed to control the pyrosolover timescale with it, but it didn't work, I wonder if there's a way to control dop parameter with a point attribute created in sop?

this was my silly move to try controlling the timescale with @simtime, I know it doesn't works that way now(lol).

After I typed @Simtime, It just stayed 0 all the time

ps:English is not my mother tongue, so please forgive me if I said anything wrong.
Thank you guys!

Attachments:
vex.jpg (13.8 KB)
timescale.jpg (30.0 KB)
try.png (14.5 KB)
0.png (13.8 KB)

89 posts
Hello, never seen a way to grab an attribute like that in a parameter channel (you probably should use a prim or point expression to lookup the value).

I had to try myself, so here's a little setup using chops to drive the sim time scale from the envelope (magnitude signal) of an audio file.

Attachments:
DaftPyro.hip (7.5 MB)

Gameloft
3 posts
PaQ WaK
Hello, never seen a way to grab an attribute like that in a parameter channel (you probably should use a prim or point expression to lookup the value).

I had to try myself, so here's a little setup using chops to drive the sim time scale from the envelope (magnitude signal) of an audio file.

Tank you PaQ Wak!!
I'll try your method!
3 posts
PaQ WaK

Thank you PaQ, I solved my problem now, by using the channel wrangle node.

The reason why I didn't use the code chop("/...") is because that I wanted it to give the value a condition

but I noticed that the timescale in pyrosolver couldn't be driven by a point attribute.
I looked at your hip today, and it inspired me that I can modify my audio signal instead of create an attribute in the sop,
so I did it with the channel wrangle node in chop network.

Thank you again for your solution!
it was really simple and helpful!

Attachments:
vex.jpg (13.8 KB)
channel_wrangle.png (21.8 KB)

• Quick Links