Create wedge numbers based on upstream wedge item

1381   2   1
53 posts
Hey, I have a problem and I hope you can give me a hint how to solve it. I have several characters and each character has some clothing. For each of the cloth objects I want to do some texture animation based on the uvs. This works so far for one character with cloth. What I tried to do is using a wedege node which selects the character and then add a wedge node which creates the work items based on the selected character, so it should create four items for the first character and then maybe 6 items for the second character. But in my case the clothPartswedge always creates the same number of items what is the number of cloth elements of the first character. Any idea what I can do to solve this problem?

Attachments:
wedgewaitforrc.JPG (72.7 KB)

Staff
585 posts
You should use a Geometry Import to fetch the geometry you want, instead of the npoint expression function. That node will store the number of points in the geometry to a work item attribute, which you can then reference in the wedge count parameter. On the Geometry Import there's a toggle to enable "Evaluate with Work Item Attributes" -- you'll also want to enable that, since that's what tells the node to recook the source geometry for each input work item, instead of just cooking it once.
53 posts
Ah, okay. I'll try that, thanks a lot.
  • Quick Links