Monsterra plant growth with collisions?

1021   0   1
355 posts
I've been struggling with this issue for a while now of simulating a monstera growth timelaspe monstera growth video [www.youtube.com] My big problem is as the plant grows I have geometry that I want it to collide with and when its fully grown I have more geometry that I want the plant to collide with. So the leaf must behave like a leaf and the stem like a stem. The other issue is in the end I'd love to have the plant as one piece of geo to get the plant looking as great as possible (It's the hero plant). So, I'm thinking some kind of wire sim for stem and some kind of stiff soft body for leaves. I used a bend deformer for initial leaf wrap and do some vellum rest blend stuff, but I don't know how to combine that with stem and then growing the plant with a sim is a whole other issue tried using rest lengths and rest blends but not much success. I also messed with RBDs that gave me success for leaf separate and stem separate but no support for growth and then struggle to merge them into one.

But my question is for someone with some experience in this area, how would you approach this? I'm looking for some guidance really; to be pointed in the right direction. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the project but I feel it's doable to get the collisions I want.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
  • Quick Links