Send Point and not Mesh

1915   3   0
4 posts
Hi everyone !

Is there a way to send only one point instead of a complete mesh (the point can be the centroid or the transform.position) ?

I use Houdini to modify the position of many many points but I don't need to use the meshes.

Thanks !
Edited by adrien_nivaggioli - Aug. 28, 2020 10:40:54
18 posts
I am not sure if I 100% understand your question. As far as I know Unity does not accept it when you HDA outputs only points - you have to mesh them (I would be very happy if somebody corrects me on this one ). However, if your question is: Is there a node to find the center of a mesh?, then the answer is: Yes! It's the Extract Centroid-SOP.
385 posts
i had the same problem and i think there is no way to output points, the same goes for curves. Take a look at this interesting tutorial though made for unreal and apparently it works for unity as well. A hacky way to get curves in Unity generated from your Houdini Asset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH3rnJGNsxk&lc=UgzjprK2OliroTY0c3x4AaABAg.9Nb_p3VkJeZ9Nl08KzLcaS [www.youtube.com]
100 posts
Similar to OliverStock, I'm not sure if I fully understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think there is currently a way to output raw points as empty gameObjects for example. However, you can have an HDA that output points in Houdini (which will have no physical representation in Unity), and use it as an HDA input back to Houdini as points.
  • Quick Links