Physics painter (SideFX Labs) not working?

1756   3   0
13 posts
I was just about to build a physics paint HDA, when I found out it already exists. Sadly, it doesn't seem to work here. I've tried in two different versions, but when I follow the quick tutorial and have made sure that everything is set up correctly, everything I paint is created at the point of the camera (even if it's not an actual camera, just the perspective view). When I spin the viewport I can see that all objects are created where the camera was. What am I missing? Updated everything.
11 posts
I am also having this issue using the latest SideFX Labs release 18.5.587. Any updates or fixes for objects being placed at the camera while painting? The geo I'm attempting to place are simple spheres with normals, and tweaking "Surface Offset" appears to not help either.

Attachments:
physics_painter_issue.png (1.5 MB)

Lead Unreal Technical Artist @ Silver Spoon Animation (part of AE.Live) // portfolio: realtimemark.fun // artstation: @mmmark
197 posts
That sounds strange. Maybe something has changed with the stroke state the PhysicsPainter uses internally. Could you submit a bug with support please?
Paul Ambrosiussen
Technical Artist, Freelance
twitter.com/ambrosiussen_p
11 posts
Submitted. Thanks Paul for letting me know next steps. I added an example file showing this issue with the report as well.
Lead Unreal Technical Artist @ Silver Spoon Animation (part of AE.Live) // portfolio: realtimemark.fun // artstation: @mmmark
  • Quick Links