Need Some Help Working With UVs

1134   1   1
25 posts
Hello I am preparing a course and I wanted some help on the best method to prepare UVs for texturing. Now for an error free bake inside of substance/marmoset I have separated all of my mesh parts into different geometry nodes that reside in a subnet. I have one subnet for the High poly mesh and one for the low poly. Now the way I do it for my personal projects is I go in and drop a uv unwrap node then I drop an UVEdit node to scale and move the UVs to a specific place in the 0 - 1 range. This becomes tedious because being all my parts are separate that means I have no point of reference of the other UV positions so i have to memorize and do a lot of guess work. I could Object merge all the parts together and create a UV map from there but I'm not sure how to assign those UVs to my Low poly mesh I want to bake and texture. How could I solve this?

Attachments:
MySetup.jpg (245.0 KB)

25 posts
Solved this issue by adding a name attribute to each piece i object merged into one node, then in the ROP FBX settings I built the hierarchy using a name attribute instead of path
  • Quick Links