Whitewater Source emission mask

3759   6   1
40 posts
Hi,

I'm stuck with withewater source emission mask, I need to build whitewater only around a specific area.
in this case around the rock (attachment), I don't need the WW emiting on the curvature of the wave.
Just on the collision.
A delete sop is too brutal, but I can see that on the withewater source there is a connection for mask,
but having a little hard time to figure how to make it work.

If someone has ever bumped into this problem can you please help me with a little tip?

Cheers.

R.

Attachments:
ocean.JPG (124.8 KB)

40 posts
I have used the Ocean guided Layer in this exemple.
18 posts
Not a whitewater-expert by any means but have you tried using an attrib-transfer from the rocks on the whitewater? You could transfer an attribute that determines the size of the whitewater, so you slowly fade out before you delete all particles with a pscale of 0.
40 posts
Thanks for getting back. I will try that see how it goes
Cheers
40 posts
so I've managed to get rid of the particles according to a paint mask I've created.
But it's quite brutal, I would rather work on the pscale before deleting,but can't figure out how to do, through point vop?
Thanks

Attachments:
whitewater..JPG (30.3 KB)

40 posts
sorry I forgot to post the scene view

Attachments:
ww_2.JPG (113.7 KB)

1 posts
Hi there,
I had same thing to fix today.
In whitewater source output you have rocks and other stuff. You should create an object merge import your rock obj, convert in vdb and dilate them.
Use an vdbcombine between your vdb rocks and your whitewater source output. Put this vdbcombine in multiply. Now adjust your rocks dilate to catch every whitewater'detail you want. Hope this could help someone.
  • Quick Links