Cooking PolyReduce Tools losing Source material in Unity

2003   2   0
16 posts
When I create a polyreduce in Houdini and use objmerg on the input side, the material will be lost when the mesh is reduced in Unity.
I checked the polyreduce of the official Houdini engine V2 Tools and the texture will also be lost! It is not reliable to use attributes to create material links in houdini, because there are more models in unity that require polyreduce, and the number of materials will also be large.
Can I retrieve the lost material in C# or using HAPI?

Attachments:
Pic_in_Houdini.png (20.8 KB)

100 posts
Hi, I believe importing Unity materials into Houdini is unsupported at this time (You can import materials from Houdini into Unity however). After using the polyreduce node, you should still have the unity_material attribute though, so it should show up in Unity if you use it as an output though.
16 posts
anthonyt2
Hi, I believe importing Unity materials into Houdini is unsupported at this time (You can import materials from Houdini into Unity however). After using the polyreduce node, you should still have the unity_material attribute though, so it should show up in Unity if you use it as an output though.
Thanks anthonyt2
I found the problem. There is no problem with the default material, but some models are material instance and the material is lost
Thank you
yvjunewang
  • Quick Links