Nuke Server issues

2711   3   4
251 posts
I'm having some trouble getting the PDG Nuke server to work.. then I tried the provided example and that gives the same error

"ERROR:__main__:Could not determine port from connection file C:/Users/jdbgr/AppData/Local/Temp/houdini_temp/nukepipeline/pdgtemp/nukeserver_begin2_22_connection.txt"

(and I've also manually entered a port in the in the start server node)

Then after some dumpster diving in the logs I find this:

"Starting Nuke with RPC Server at 127.0.0.1:0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/jdbgr/AppData/Local/Temp/houdini_temp/nukepipeline/pdgtemp/scripts/nukerpc.py", line 67, in <module>
exit_code = main(start_nuke_server)
File "C:\Users\jdbgr\AppData\Local\Temp\houdini_temp\nukepipeline\pdgtemp\scripts\genericrpc.py", line 384, in main
return start_server(args.host, server_port, extra, **kwargs)
File "C:/Users/jdbgr/AppData/Local/Temp/houdini_temp/nukepipeline/pdgtemp/scripts/nukerpc.py", line 54, in start_nuke_server
import nuke
File "C:\Program Files\Nuke13.0v2\lib\site-packages\nuke.py", line 7, in <module>
import _nuke
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
"

I've checked and sys.path looks fine, so that's not some wonky env situation. And it is actually finding the "nuke" module, but not the "_nuke" that is imported from within that module. And there is a _nuke.pyd which I've copied to _nuke.dll as a long shot, that didn't work. Also placed them in system32 as an ever longer shot.. no luck either.

Any clues? (houdini 18.5.532 Py3, win10, nuke 13.0v2)
Edited by Jonathan de Blok - June 29, 2021 04:57:47
More code, less clicks.
86 posts
Did you ever get this sorted out? I'm having a similar issue with the HoudiniServer.
1 posts
Hi, I changed the value of "Load Timeout" parm on "Houdini Server Begin" node from default 30 to 200 and it's working fine.
Edited by RogerLuo - Feb. 17, 2022 23:04:16
8 posts
I have exactly same issue. After some try and error, i fixed it by adding nuke directory to path environment variable.

Attachments:
path_env.png (90.9 KB)

• Quick Links