A task. Attribute blur by time.

2095   4   0
5 posts
Hello there.
Is it possible to implement the smearing of the attribute in time? Without using CHOP Network.
I would be glad of any advice and ideas.
I understand that it's much easier to do this in CHOP, but it doesn't really fit here, so I would like to have just such a tool. Try to implement it through SOP solver, timeshift or some similar tools. Maybe there are even ready-made tools for this.
A task.
There is an attribute: @parm
On 60 or any other frame, it takes the value = 1, the rest 0.

It is necessary to smear it over neighboring frames by making an attribute decline, or use its value 1 as the beginning of such a graph, or simply make a decline along the edges.

At the same time, make it possible to change this range both by the number of frames, and to control the range itself using ramp.

Attachments:
1.jpg (33.2 KB)
2.jpg (35.1 KB)
3.jpg (40.4 KB)

18 posts
Hi,

I have done something similar before by using motion clip from kinefx. It basically records attribute value from each frame and converts it into time-value primitive. You can modify the value with any sop tools and then convert it back into animated value.
Edited by PatW - Oct. 26, 2021 02:01:52

Attachments:
smear.hiplc (152.4 KB)

676 posts
Hey PVok,

I made an hda that uses CHOPS to do the time blurring. Keep in mind that this is very slow on complex/heavy geometry.

Cheers
CYTE

Attachments:
CYTE.CY_Smear.1.0.hdalc (7.7 KB)

5 posts
PatW
Hi,

I have done something similar before by using motion clip from kinefx. It basically records attribute value from each frame and converts it into time-value primitive. You can modify the value with any sop tools and then convert it back into animated value.

An interesting way, thank you.

CYTE
Hey PVok,

I made an hda that uses CHOPS to do the time blurring. Keep in mind that this is very slow on complex/heavy geometry.

Cheers
CYTE

Thanks, as a quick transfer to chop, a good preset. Although I would not like to use it.
The problem with CHOP is that he can't work in realtime, he needs a ready-made, cached animation, which is generally logical, since he works with time and besides, when working with a large number of dots/particles, he counts for a long time.
Therefore, I wanted to try to implement a trigger using VEX with a small frame offset, but as I realized, it's more complicated than it seemed.
28 posts
You could just detect when a certain parm value or the highest parm value in a range is reached in a solver, save that value and the frame it was set and then ramp the value in/out.

Here's a quick file of how I would do that.

Attachments:
ramp_attrib.hipnc (116.1 KB)

• Quick Links