Unable to get Camera motion blur in LOPS/karma

3120   8   4
14 posts
Hi,
I'm trying out a simple scene with a pighead(static) and ground plane. I have imported my animated camera from sops with some erratic camera movement. I'm unable to see any camera motion blur, both in LOPS Viewport and in the final rendered image. I even tried the Karma Rop but still no luck with Camera motion blur.I have added Karma render properties with mblur turned on. It would be great if someone could help me with this issue. I have attached my hip for ref.
Image Not Found

Thanks,
Ganesh
Edited by gany_1985 - Nov. 3, 2021 13:19:19

Attachments:
lop_camera_mblur_test.hiplc (996.7 KB)

23 posts
Put a cache node in your chain and motion blur will work.
14 posts
cubiccube
Put a cache node in your chain and motion blur will work.
Oh dammm..Yes it works.Thank you very much cubiccube
14 posts
Okay it works in the LOPs viewport ..but the rendered exr dosent have the cam mblur
918 posts
If you are using H19 you can try putting a Camera Edit LOP in your stream and set shutter:open shutter:close explicitly.

That helped me with an imported cam from an Alembic.

Attachments:
cam_edit.jpg (31.0 KB)

14 posts
Thank
Andy_23
If you are using H19 you can try putting a Camera Edit LOP in your stream and set shutter:open shutter:close explicitly.

That helped me with an imported cam from an Alembic.
Thanks Andy. I will give a try
14 posts
I gave a try on both method but either of them works .r there any other way to approach it...
Staff
451 posts
Can you post an updated hip file that shows the issue still existing? It looks okay to me with a Cache LOP (see image).

Attachments:
blur.jpg (1.4 MB)

14 posts
Hi Rob,
Thanks for looking into this. Yes i agree The cache LOP method works on in this simple scenario.
I had some unpredictable cam mblur with this method on much heavier scene .
i was instancing lights and env geo based on cam frustum and on the frame they appear in the frustum the camera motion blur on those elements(lights and env) goes extreme.Reason for doing this is to keep the render times to a minimum.

So after playing with it for few days i found a temp solution, by time offsetting my camera frustum by 10+ frames ..so the env geos/lights gets created 10 frame before they appear in the frustum...and i'm getting the right cam mblur.

Not sure if this is right way to do it but it fixes the the problem...
But again Thanks for looking into this Rob.
Cheers,
Ganesh
  • Quick Links