How do I get the curve input to work?

3885   5   0
4 posts
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the latest HoudiniEngine or perhaps Unity 2021.3, but I'm expecting the curve input to be available on the Unity side of my HDA but its not. I've been on this for hours now and it's getting frustrating.
My HDA has a curve as an entry point, this curve node has been added "Editable Nodes" for the Type properties for the HDA.
Please see the pictures and let me know if anything is incorrect.

Note that you might see that there are two curves in my HDA, however I dont think that is what is causing the problem here.

I very much appreciate your help on this matter.

Thank you!
Edited by Erik M - Dec. 8, 2021 11:26:49

Attachments:
version.png (25.1 KB)
unity.png (43.4 KB)
houdini.png (235.9 KB)
houdin2i.png (79.1 KB)

100 posts
Hi, unfortunately, the editable curve workflow is no longer supported. However, if you would still like to use the legacy curve, you can still create the old curve::1.0 SOP and mark it editable and it should still be able to work in Unity.
Edited by anthonyt2 - Dec. 9, 2021 11:46:21
4 posts
anthonyt2
Hi, unfortunately, the editable curve workflow is no longer supported. However, if you would still like to use the legacy curve, you can still create the old curve::1.0 SOP and mark it editable and it should still be able to work in Unity.

Thank you Anthony.

Thats unfortunate, I will check out the legacy curve.
I can see that the one I have in my screenshots is the curve::2.0 node. How do I create the old curve::1.0?
Also, to mark it as editable, do you mean putting it in the "Editable nodes" or setting the mode of the curve to be "select/edit mode" ? Thank you very much again in advance.
Edited by Erik M - Dec. 9, 2021 12:40:29
5 posts
This is indeed unfortunate. Well, the old curve::1.0 SOP also still works in Houdini Engine for UE4. To make it visible in Houdini 19 go to >Edit >Preferences >Shelf Tools and Tab Menu and select >Show All Operators.
4 posts
ffroh
This is indeed unfortunate. Well, the old curve::1.0 SOP also still works in Houdini Engine for UE4. To make it visible in Houdini 19 go to >Edit >Preferences >Shelf Tools and Tab Menu and select >Show All Operators.

Thanks will try it in Unity.
13 posts
Erik M
ffroh

Thanks will try it in Unity.
im so glad i bypassed the hole houdini curve by accident ,i use dreamteck splines for generating a a polygon strip in unity and its about 10x better then the houdini curve (can rotate ,extend , thicken and all with a nice ui that works inside unity) and then i import that geometry generated in unity as a starting point for further operations in houdini and it works flawlessly without geting hampered by curve tools update to houdini engine
  • Quick Links