Megascan not working

3997   3   2
29 posts
I am using Houdini 18.5.696 and Bridge 2021.1.0. I have installed the plugin inside Houdini. I can see the Megascans drop folder from the menu inside Houdini. When I go to export an assets from the Bridge it tells me that its exporting to Houdini....then it pops up the Houdini console window, that shows the following;

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:/Megascans/support/plugins/houdini/4.5/MSLiveLink/scripts/python\MSPlugin\MSImporter.py", line 26, in importController
sendToMetabase(importOptions)
File "E:/Megascans/support/plugins/houdini/4.5/MSLiveLink/scripts/python\MSPlugin\Utilities\AssetData.py", line 142, in sendToMetabase
requests.post(url, data= json.dumps(data))
File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.696\python27\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 112, in post
return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.696\python27\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 58, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.696\python27\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 513, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.696\python27\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 623, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.696\python27\lib\site-packages\requests\adapters.py", line 511, in send
raise SSLError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='stats.quixel.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/message (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u' certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:726)'),))

Then it pops up that it Exported to Houdini successful. But when I go back to Houdini there is no asset in the scene.

What should I be checking to solve this issue?

Thanks

Alex
As always thank you!

Alex
1 posts
Hi Alex

In Houdini, Bridge will create a MegascansPlugin.json file at the following location (based on your OS) that references the plugin from your library:

Windows: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\houdini19.5\packages
Mac OS: ~home/Library/Preferences/houdini/18.0/packages/MegascansPlugin.json
Linux: Home/houdini18.x/packages OR Computer/home/<Username>/houdini18.x/packages

Look to see if you have another (older) version of Houdini in your Documents folder, for example, houdini19. Then check its' \packages\ for the MegascansPlugin.json. I found that Quixel installed the plugin in an "old" folder houdini19 instead of the current version, houdini19.5 folder. So I copied or simply moved the MegascanPlugin.json to the houdini19.5\packages folder.

hope this helps
23 posts
not sure if this is just me or not, but the megascans plugin was working just fine in 19.5.773, but now in 20, the "import to USD stage" checkbox is greyed out.
1 posts
megascans plugin was working just fine in 19.5
houdini 20 "import to USD stage" not work
  • Quick Links