sopCreate 19.0.498

3725   18   2
77 posts
Happy Monday,

just wonder if sopCreate will get fixed or i'm not doing something right but its two major release out but its still completely unusable for me. Did read others use it wonder how they do it.
Issues:
-whatever i do the whole network gets evaluated that goes to lops even if no panels and hide other objects are on. Have to every time get out and set view to a null in lops
-geometry randomly don't display have to get in and out to get fixed, sometimes curves only get displayed when edited in curve sop, it disappears when i tumble view
-cant edit a node but display preview another nodes state
-if i have show all objects on the lops objects in viewport only stay there until i make any sops modification then just disappears.

All of these are true for every sop node like sopModify etc.
710 posts
I need to submit some bug reports because I also find SOPs-inside-LOPs to be very broken from a viewport-interaction standpoint.

Question: Are you using the standard Solaris desktop, or your own custom desktop? From the beginning I've found anything with the viewport in Solaris to be more unreliable with my own custom multi-diplay layout.
77 posts
Did make some bug reports too but seems they haven't addressed it yet. I'm using just default desktop but good to know that also could make more problems. some people advised have ghost other objects turned always off
9 posts
Have the same problem too, would be great if this could get fixed.
146 posts
Me the same, almost impossible to work with it at this moment, mostly broken. Re-creating the Scene View only helps until it breaks again, which happens in a minute.
12446 posts
SideFX have acknowledged this problem but are desperate for repros. If you can repro, or at least provide screen-record of some breakages occuring (from time of viewport recreation) it may give them strong ideas of where to look.
Edited by jason_iversen - Feb. 1, 2022 02:28:24
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
146 posts
jason_iversen
SideFX have acknowledged this problem but are desperate for repros. If you can repro, or at least provide screen-record of some breakages occuring (from time of viewport recreation) it may give them strong ideas of where to look.
You're right, that's more useful than complaining by word over here. I will try to screen record and send scene ASAP.
Staff
451 posts
jarenas
I will try to screen record and send scene ASAP.

Much appreciated!
Staff
5156 posts
There was an additional fix made to SOPnets in 19.0.504 which you may want to try out. It sounds like it addresses the issue.
77 posts
desperate for repros ? why is that? its not just super weird rare occurrence error that's very hard to find.
you set the view flag on a node, you select another node and whoops its broken.it always shows viewport of the last selected node, instead of the display flag.

I only have access windows machines but checked on like 6 workstation and countless versions since 18 was out and its all the same always
Edited by blakshep - Feb. 1, 2022 18:31:53
77 posts
evaluating the whole tree always is not necessary a bug but it is very hard to work like this and should have option to turn off
77 posts
malexander
There was an additional fix made to SOPnets in 19.0.504 which you may want to try out. It sounds like it addresses the issue.
thanks ill check it out! kind of lost hope after the last 20 release
77 posts
there you go latest houdini 19.0.517 can we get now it fixed please?

Attachments:
untitled.hip - Houdini Indie Limited-Commercial 19.0.517 - Python 3 2022-02-01 17-53-36.mp4 (13.9 MB)

7754 posts
blakshep
there you go latest houdini 19.0.517 can we get now it fixed please?

This looks like it's component builder specific. I don't see the same problem in other sopnets. The problem goes away if the geo is wired to the output node.
Edited by jsmack - Feb. 1, 2022 21:40:00
77 posts
true, thanks! sopcreate sopmodify used to act same way but checking this example those seem work correctly there!
77 posts
next one! Lops disappear from viewport after any modification done in sops. I have a ticket about this in.

Attachments:
untitled.hip - Houdini Indie Limited-Commercial 19.0.517 - Python 3 2022-02-01 19-29-00.mp4 (11.3 MB)

7754 posts
blakshep
next one! Lops disappear from viewport after any modification done in sops. I have a ticket about this in.

Yeah, that's annoying.
603 posts
Is there a bug# for this - so I can add my repro scenario to it?
Houdini Indie
Karma/Redshift 3D
603 posts
Something weird with the Python viewer states, on Houdini startup - is my guess.

Bug #119360 accepted.
Edited by TwinSnakes007 - Feb. 8, 2022 13:40:58

Attachments:
sop_create_h_498.mp4 (8.2 MB)

Houdini Indie
Karma/Redshift 3D
  • Quick Links