I have downloaded Arnold from their website and installed it Arnold 16.0.736
but I cant see Arnold node or tab in Houdini,
I don't no why is any one can help me

well I'm using Houdini education version
what is the problem..???
vfx
Staff
4159 posts
I don't have Arnold, but looking at their doc page, you probably need to add it to your houdini.env file after you install it.

https://support.solidangle.com/display/AFHUG/Installation#Installation-Simpleinstallationwithhoudini.env [support.solidangle.com]
I'm o.d.d.
88 posts
does annyone know if there is troubleshoot list of things you can check what might cause arold to not show up ?
And how to fix it ?
(one that doesnt just say reinstall preferably)

What i often have happen is that arnold just doesnt show up even though its in the env.
Reinstalling arnold and houdini doesnt fix the problem for me then and the only thing that helped was reinstalling my os.

My list go`s like this

I`m pretty sure should have been a better way to fix this.
Here is how my list looks so far.

1. Check houdni.env
-make sure its added to the correct houdini.env and not an old onedrive version. or diferent houdini version.

2.Repair houdini install

3.Reinstall OS
Edited by TangheStudent - Feb. 19, 2022 07:17:45
340 posts
Make sure you have the exact version of Arnold and Houdini installed. Otherwise it will not work. Arnold only has versions for Houdini production versions and these have to match the version. Currently the installers will write the lines to Houdini.env.
1 posts
You can't use Arnold with the Apprentice version of Houdini - you have to be paying for Houdini to use a third party renderer
  • Quick Links