UV Layout SOP (17.0.416) help fix UV's overlaping across UDIMs

3215   7   1
2 posts
Hi.

I must be missing something. I am trying to prepare a model to go to substance painter. Using the UV layout Sop, i can get UVs spread across UDIM tiles, but they overlap across the UDIMs which i think will be a problem, what do i need to do to fix this, i cannot seem to find an option in the UV Layout SOP. I am using 17.0.416

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 12.30.34 PM.png (219.3 KB)

2 posts
Buller ?
114 posts
Did you ever find an answer? I am having the same problem, surely it must be an option on UV Layout SOP…
19 posts
I'm having exactly the same issue - cant believe houdini hasn't solved this?
7737 posts
It works fine in 18.5

Attachments:
udimtiles.png (309.9 KB)

20 posts
I'm still having this problem in H19. Can't seem to google an answer for the life of me. This is driving me crazy! :P
Mage level 2
www.headofoliver.com
8525 posts
do you have example file of this issue?
otherwise you'll most likely get the same answer that it works as expected

if you are experiencing islands crossing the UDIM boundaries you are probably not packing into UDIMs, maybe your targets are set to Rectangles and you resized the Box handle in the viewport to allow to spread past 0-1

or maybe you set Target to UDIM tiles, but changed the Tile Size from 1x1, essentially making the UDIM tile larger, which is not common and you should probably keep it at 1x1

but again, without file, we would be just guessing
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
20 posts
tamte
do you have example file of this issue?
otherwise you'll most likely get the same answer that it works as expected

if you are experiencing islands crossing the UDIM boundaries you are probably not packing into UDIMs, maybe your targets are set to Rectangles and you resized the Box handle in the viewport to allow to spread past 0-1

or maybe you set Target to UDIM tiles, but changed the Tile Size from 1x1, essentially making the UDIM tile larger, which is not common and you should probably keep it at 1x1

but again, without file, we would be just guessing

Thanks! I have since fixed the issue and the udims are working like expected. It was my extremely poor UV effort that was the problem haha. I went through it again and that fixed it. I have seen people that have things crossing tiles like mad and it seems that mixer/painter can handle these crossings as long as there is no overlap. Thanks for pitching in, its really appreciated!
Edited by olivetty - March 1, 2022 05:17:11
Mage level 2
www.headofoliver.com
  • Quick Links