Animating Shape Match Simulations causes crashing.

1192   1   1
34 posts
Hi everyone!

First post here so apologies for any accidental breaches of protocol/etiquette

So every time I try to run a sim with the the "shape match" node Houdini crashes immediately. It happens every single time with no exceptions. I tried powering off and restarting multiple times. This is my first time using the the node as well.
I checked every other vellum constraint and none of the others cause the same issue. Oddly enough, this issue occurs even when I download and try to run example files, specifically I tried to run the H19 example "02_ShapeMatch" which can be found here:

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/h19-nodes/ [www.sidefx.com]

I know those files should run so I think the issue is an interaction between my Houdini and my computer.

I'm currently working with:
Windows 10 home 21H1
Running on Macbook pro through boot camp
intel core i9
16 Ram
AMD Pro 5500M

Runing Houdini Apprentice 19.0.498

Do I just not have the specs?
Is there a way I can check to see what sort of exception was thrown or if theres a seg fault? (if thats rellevant)
I'm hoping this is a known issue with an easy fix because I really want to participate in today's mardini challenge.
Currently I'm trying to download Houdnini on the mac os side of my computer and run the files in there. I'll update if it works there or not.
Edited by ccallaha - March 13, 2022 15:25:57
34 posts
Ok so update: It does work on mac os. No idea why though. The good news is that I can participate in todays challenge. The bad news is that the main problem still persists.

Also it seems to run much much faster in mac os than in bootcamp. Is it not recomended to run Houdini in bootcamp for any reason? Thank everyone for you patience with this newbie!
  • Quick Links