SideFX Labs - RizomUV Bridge

22172   43   7
282 posts
I can only tell you about how its intended to work.. its not a "continuous" live link.... the hda builds the instructions, fires it at rizom, which launches, executes the instructions, closes, and sends the result back to Houdini. I build the original HDA before handing it off to labs, and its always been intended to work that way. In the processor, you could turn off autoquit, but for what you are asking for, its not meant for it.

I don't see Luiz's video showing anything different.
Oliver Hotz
Origami Digital
Author of ODTools for Houdini: https://origamidigital.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_63&product_id=66 [origamidigital.com]
2 posts
On my side I try to evaluate it for a game production and each time it send data to rizom, process it and 1 time on 2, it close without sending back the result. I tried version 2020, 2020.1, 2022, same problem. anyone get this kind of behavior and find a fix ?
Edited by Sebastien_Rousseau - April 14, 2022 15:53:04
1 posts
I'm having the same issue. At random times it spits out a proper UV, and later on even in a same setting, it closes Rizom without spitting out any UV. It pops up Rizom UV standalone, and unfold up to 70% or 80% something percent, random every time, and just shuts down. And no UV. Will this be fixed? I can't use this pipeline if I can't figure out why I'm getting this error.
1 posts
Siavash Tehrani
I'm having the same issue as jomaro with rizom 2020.1. Whenever the RizomUV Unwrap node cooks it opens the actual RizomUV GUI application, does its thing, then closes. I haven't used any versions prior to 2020.1 but looking at this video it seems like that shouldn't be the behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuYC1mwNua8 [www.youtube.com] Donkey Kong [donkey-kong.io]
Link not working?
  • Quick Links