MaterialEggs

2333   5   2
710 posts
I started this little project to get some more mileage with the MaterialX nodes in Houdini, as well as to try out the Component Builder to create variants in Solaris. Thanks to Chris Rydalch for his excellent tutorial on the Component Builder workflows!

The clamshell container still needs to be finished, but I figured Easter is as good a time as any to post something.

Attachments:
mtleggs_clamshell_WIP.jpg (1020.1 KB)

Staff
466 posts
This is awesome
What renderer was used?
710 posts
Thanks Brian, it's Karma CPU.
Staff
466 posts
Siavash Tehrani
it's Karma CPU.

Cool!
Have you had a chance to try it with KarmaXPU yet?
If so, can you see much difference?
thanks!
5 posts
Wow Siavash, that's really beautiful and such fun to linger over. OK the carton is unfinished as you said (maybe it needs to be more like the egg that contains the MaterialX logo?), and mayyybeee the rice grains are a little too perfectly defined (something I do know from real life) but the whole thing just made me smile. Happy Easter! And I'll definitely be checking out that Chris Rydalch tutorial.
710 posts
brians
Siavash Tehrani
it's Karma CPU.

Cool!
Have you had a chance to try it with KarmaXPU yet?
If so, can you see much difference?
thanks!
I did briefly try with XPU, but ran into some issues. A few of the materials are layered BSDFs which XPU currently doesn't support, and I was getting memory allocation errors, possibly due to displacement. I would like to try again once XPU is out of Alpha and I'll be uploading this project once it's wrapped up if anyone else wants to have a go.

iHD3
Wow Siavash, that's really beautiful and such fun to linger over. OK the carton is unfinished as you said (maybe it needs to be more like the egg that contains the MaterialX logo?), and mayyybeee the rice grains are a little too perfectly defined (something I do know from real life) but the whole thing just made me smile. Happy Easter! And I'll definitely be checking out that Chris Rydalch tutorial.
Thank you so much, I'm happy you got a kick out of it! You're absolutely right about the rice, the grains could be more messy and maybe a bit squished from being form into shape.
  • Quick Links