Python Script got deleted

924   1   0
17 posts
Hi,

I have a large project where I implemented a button which is linked to a script inside my hdas Subnet Type Properties. While I was editing I pressed STRG+s to save the project, but a window popped up instead. There was some text, which i dont perfectly remember and i only had the option to "safe & quit", "discard & quit", "help", "see error" and another one which i forgot. Since the only option was to quit the application afterwards and I had not saved in a while, i used the save and quit button.

Now, when i load my file again, it always says: using incomplete asset definitions(full definitions not found) * and my node name*
Also, most importantly, the Python script, which was inside my Type Properties is now gone. Vanished from existence.
Most interesting part is, even im my Backup files all my python sripts are now gone and it throws the same error with the definitions...
It seems like I changed some global kind of variable which made some imports or references useless.

Can anyone help me to restore my python script and remove the error? I am really out of ideas and have been googling for hours now.

Thanks in advance,
Joshi
8539 posts
It's more likely that you lost your HDA file before

Since the pop up you are describing pops up when there is a source file to any of the used HDAs missing

So the pop up was likely caused by something deleting or moving your file, or the file becoming unaccessible if it was on now disconnected drive or network location etc ..
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links