Is attribute paint broken?

3561   2   1
14 posts
I'm following the PDG for Indie Gamedev tutorial [www.sidefx.com] and I'm trying to paint scale and density attributes on a terrain but it doesn't seem to work. In my HDA I'm using an edit node and adding it to editable nodes in the HDA's properties. In Unity in the editable nodes tool's view tab it shows the node name twice for some reason and painting either attribute has no affect. I also tried an attribute paint node (following the instructions in the docs [www.sidefx.com]) instead of an edit node but I get the same issue.

Houdini: 19.0.498
Unity: 2020.3.26
Edited by HypoSection - Feb. 12, 2022 23:30:55

Attachments:
Unity screenshot.png (30.2 KB)

14 posts
I believe I've found the source of the bug. The structure of the HDA in the tutorial is as follows:

terrain_layout (HDA subnet)
--painting (geometry)
----painter (edit)
--scattering (geometry)

If you have more than one nested geometry node in the subnet it will cause the editable node to be duplicated in Unity (see screenshot in the previous post) even if the other geometry nodes are empty. The workaround is only have 0 or 1 nested geometry nodes in the subnet.
Edited by HypoSection - Feb. 13, 2022 16:20:12
5 posts
I'm stuck in this exact same place! THANK YOU!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqZGx1uwP1s&list=PL5V9qxkY_RnI4olJ4uKJ2eKSyVqqRMW7r&index=10 [www.youtube.com]

Updated tutorials can be found here
Edited by MarkBergo - May 12, 2022 11:00:00
  • Quick Links