Motion vector AOV in Karma

7855   14   5
7 posts
Is it possible to do in karma. Does anyone still use it?
88 posts

This seems to do the thing.
Edited by TangheStudent - March 25, 2022 19:38:41

Attachments:
houdini_Rh5eGENm98.png (10.5 KB)

620 posts
TangheStudent
Image Not Found

This seems to do the thing.

Hi,
I tested ,but it has not effect because there is no velocities primvar if animating by transform lop.
88 posts
what you need to do then is add the v atribute with a trail sop and rename it to velocities.
It could be that you need to promote the attribute to a primitive aswel wich might paint ver primitive instead of point.
But i haven`t tested out if it works with points.
122 posts
Just to note this. As far as I can see, the velocities described in this thread are only taking into account the velocity on the geometry not the geometry relative to the camera.
But I also can’t give any explanation on how to create a proper motion vector AOV like in mantra.
Edited by No_ha - May 29, 2022 02:42:35
76 posts
the karma node or the karma standart rendervars node has motion vectors and velocity aov as default to check.
We used them already in production and they work fine, they do not use primvars but a ray level check
ray:motionvector
ray:velocity
620 posts
arx_anima
the karma node or the karma standart rendervars node has motion vectors and velocity aov as default to check.
We used them already in production and they work fine, they do not use primvars but a ray level check

Hi,
I tried ray:motionvector and ray:velocity, but can't get the result.
Could you give any tip?

Thanks!

Attachments:
mvector.png (169.4 KB)

Staff
2590 posts
I think you'll find that this will have a much improved workflow in the next major version of Houdini.
2 posts
What's the difference between motion vector and velocity. Is it with respect to camera? I'm getting data rendered in motionvector but not in velocity
arx_anima
7741 posts
agastyafx
What's the difference between motion vector and velocity. Is it with respect to camera? I'm getting data rendered in motionvector but not in velocity
arx_anima

motionvector is a screenspace vector, useful for post processing applications of motion blur. I'm not sure what ray:velocity is, but it's probably in world space.
75 posts
jerry7
arx_anima

Hi,
I tried ray:motionvector and ray:velocity, but can't get the result.
Could you give any tip?

Thanks!

It's seems to be a Houdini19.5 things.

Attachments:
motion_V.jpg (32.7 KB)

1 posts
it doesnt work in xpu
44 posts
you can do a pass with cpu where you don't render anything except the aov.
14 posts
arx_anima

Hey there,
I tried checking both the motionvector and velocity in the karma render node, however I still get a blank output. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Attachments:
rendervars.png (34.6 KB)
noop.png (49.6 KB)

Pranesh Arry
3D Generalist at North Studio
3 posts
For motion vector to appear in renders do not forget to setup "Motion Blur" in Karma Render Properties [www.sidefx.com] and cache [www.sidefx.com] your animation.
Edited by 0x384c0 - June 21, 2023 08:46:15
  • Quick Links