LOPS: assignMaterial not seeing material or prims inside HDA

802   0   1
644 posts
Hi all.

If I add an assign material inside and HDA where I have used restructureSceneGraph it can no longer see the material. The same happens to Prims as well so I cannot assign anything.

The Example HDA shows this. Now the annoying thing is I came across this before and Mark T said I need to change a few lines of code somewhere. I do actually have an old example working (uhassetouput2.0). But for the life of me, cannot remember where the heck I need to change the code. I have gone through all my posts but cannot find where I asked the question before.

Would anyone have come across this as well, and know where I need to alter the assign material code. I know it is possible but just cannot remember how or where.

Best. Mark

Edit: It's always the way. After hours of looking around, the minute I post, I figure it out. So assuming your assign material is called assignmaterial2

The answer is inside the HDA the Primitives (primpattern#)and Material Path (matspecpath# Action Button should read:

import loputils
loputils.selectPrimsInParm(kwargs, True, lopparmnode=kwargs.node('assignmaterial2'), allowinstanceproxies=True)

Mark
Edited by Mark Wallman - May 24, 2022 14:05:42

Attachments:
Example_HDA.hipnc (100.3 KB)
uhassetoutput.2.0.hdanc (219.2 KB)

• Quick Links