How to install Apprentice license via command line?

3452   5   3
21 posts
Hey there,

I'm trying to install Houdini on and headless Ubuntu server, using Docker. I don't need any GUI features, only need to run some hython scripts. I have installed it successfully but seems like I don't have any licenses installed.
If I run an hython command I get the following: No licenses could be found to run this application. Please check for a valid license server host

I tried to read the documentation about using the non-graphical License Administrator [www.sidefx.com] but haven't been able to install an Apprentice license.

Is that possible or do I need a paid license to do this?
21 posts
Does anybody know if that's possible?
Staff
175 posts
Hi,

This is currently not possible to install an apprentice license via the command line. Commercial licenses can be installed via the command line though. What you could do is generate a license file from www.sidefx.com [www.sidefx.com] and then place that license file in the correct license path for the OS you are running on.
Matt Warner
Software Developer - Licensing
SideFX
6 posts
Hi,

I've been trying to dockerize an apprentice Houdini instance without success so far. My goal would be to scale up simulation by doing it in the cloud using kubernetes. I've seen you've been trying to do the same thing as well.

Where you able to solve your issue for the license and make it work in the end?

Is there any place you can pm me I may have a look at the dockerFile you are using please?
1 posts
Hi

Have you managed to run it finally?
6 posts
Hello,

This is a bit old, but from memory I was indeed able to figure it out with some help of IEOTA at that time.

This being said, I don't think this post is really relevant anymore since sidefx now directly upload some docker image on their build page [www.sidefx.com].

Hope this will be helpfull.
  • Quick Links