Node Color Question

1216   5   2
5 posts
Why are some nodes different colors? Copy and Transform, for example, is orange. Not because of an error or alert, it's just different. I can't seem to find that info anywhere.
7758 posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_code [en.wikipedia.org]

Color helps discern objects at a glance without reading text.
5 posts
jsmack

Fair... But why Orange? And why the Copy node and not Transform? Is there a classification list somewhere showing what is grouped as what color? Just seems like if it was important enough to implement then it should also be documented somewhere. I can't seem to find it in the docs.
7758 posts
The coding is learned subconsciously by using Houdini and placing nodes.
331 posts
JohnSlaughter
jsmack

Fair... But why Orange? And why the Copy node and not Transform? Is there a classification list somewhere showing what is grouped as what color? Just seems like if it was important enough to implement then it should also be documented somewhere. I can't seem to find it in the docs.

Change the defaults for a node by selecting it, and then Ctrl-clicking on a colour in the Color Palette. The same applies to shape.

Sometimes you have to define your own best practices.
236 posts
Don't overthink it, it was a simple move on their part based on what we do in Studios.
that is to implement a standard color scheme for types of nodes/operations, in order to quickly spot what is happening.

L
I'm not lying, I'm writing fiction with my mouth.
  • Quick Links