Houdini Console errors

3642   11   1
8 posts
Hey,

Everytime I start houdini I get these errors,

Viewer state type conflict: captureoverride
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_sop_captureoverride.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_sop_captureoverride.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_stroke
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_stroke.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_stroke.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_topo_transfer
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_topo_transfer.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_topo_transfer.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_attribadjustview.pystate
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_attribadjust.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_attribadjust.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_constraint_browser
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_constraint_browser.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_constraint_browser.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_field_inspector.pystate
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_field_inspector.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_field_inspector.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_groom
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_groom.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_groom.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_lop_edit
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_edit.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_edit.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_lop_layout
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_layout.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_layout.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_lop_light
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_light.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_light.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_lop_lightmixer
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_lightmixer.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_lightmixer.py

Viewer state type conflict: stagemanager
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_stagemanager.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_stagemanager.py

Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_sop_captureoverride.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_sop_captureoverride.py

Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_stroke.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_stroke.py

Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_topo_transfer.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_topo_transfer.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_attribadjustview.pystate
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_attribadjust.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_attribadjust.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_constraint_browser
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_constraint_browser.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_constraint_browser.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_field_inspector.pystate
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_field_inspector.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_field_inspector.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_groom
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_groom.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_groom.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_lop_edit
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_edit.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_edit.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_lop_layout
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_layout.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_layout.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_lop_light
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_light.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_light.py

Viewer state type conflict: sidefx_lop_lightmixer
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_lightmixer.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_lightmixer.py

Viewer state type conflict: stagemanager
Conflicting viewer state: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_stagemanager.py
Colliding with: C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.657/houdini/viewer_states/sidefx_lop_stagemanager.py

-- 1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZIPDecode: Decoding error at scanline 5390, incorrect data check.

I am not sure what these are or if it is affecting my performance. It is a bit annoying though!

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Andy
Andy Hopper

3D Artist
30 posts
I'll bump this.
Been having similar errors since the last few builds. I assumed it culd be a Side FX Labs Problem. Updated it, still:

= = = Resources registration = = =
Viewer state type conflict: labs::ruler
Conflicting viewer state: C:/Users/***/Documents/houdini19.0/SideFXLabs/19.0.659/SideFXLabs19.0/viewer_states/ruler.py
Colliding with: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.0/viewer_states/ruler.py

Viewer state type conflict: viewportmeasuretool
Conflicting viewer state: C:/Users/***/Documents/houdini19.0/SideFXLabs/19.0.659/SideFXLabs19.0/viewer_states/viewportmeasuretool.py
Colliding with: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.0/viewer_states/viewportmeasuretool.py
7733 posts
Looks like duplicate Labs installs in your Houdini path

OP has the same labs install in their path more than once, Robot you have two labs installs.
Edited by jsmack - June 27, 2022 22:34:58
2 posts
I have just tried resolving this issue by completely removing all side fx labs installations / dirs & json files from the three builds of Houdini i have installed (via the launcher and manually... twice... and on two different windoze machines). I have tried installing both via launcher and within each build of Houdini via the updater and still have the same errors being reported above when using the 19.0.657 build. Would be nice to have a clear way to resolve this issue please, assuming its my error or misunderstanding. Not sure what is meant by duplicate lab installs since when i tried it for the second time I had removed all possible reference and also checked my Houdini environment file and environment variables to make sure I'm not referencing any duplicate paths etc. Accurate and up to date pointers / instructions would be appreciated as i have tried all options both manually and via launcher.
5 posts
I just upgraded to 19.0.657 and got the same message as Robot_and_Robot. Not sure it is right way or not, but I removed the SideFXLabs folder from Documents and the message gone.
35 posts
I'm getting this too, in 19.0.657 Also in 19.5.303

I tried deleting the SideFXLabs folder from Documents but still get the errors.

Actually I deletd all instances of sideFXLabs using Launcher, and any folders or package json files, and still get the errors (though Labs does not load). There;s nothing in my houdini.env file about Lbas. Where is the file or folder that's telling Houdini Labs is installed?

Any way to resolve this??

Figured it out. Go to the C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 19.0.657\houdini\viewer_states folder and delete all the .py versions of the files leaving the .pyc versions. Errors gone.
Edited by RT_SD - July 21, 2022 07:16:02
2 posts
RT_SD

Actually I deletd all instances of sideFXLabs using Launcher, and any folders or package json files, and still get the errors (though Labs does not load). There;s nothing in my houdini.env file about Lbas. Where is the file or folder that's telling Houdini Labs is installed?

Figured it out. Go to the C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 19.0.657\houdini\viewer_states folder and delete all the .py versions of the files leaving the .pyc versions. Errors gone.

works, thanks for the tip
2 posts
Julian Williams
RT_SD

deleting the py files brakes the GUI handles for lights etc in lops viewport. Deleting the .pyc instead kept things working without the error files showing up.
188 posts
kidestro
Julian Williams
RT_SD

deleting the py files brakes the GUI handles for lights etc in lops viewport. Deleting the .pyc instead kept things working without the error files showing up.

Yes deleting the py files makes the buttons invisible. However, it stops the errors from popping up. If I delete the pyc files and keep the py files, the errors still show up at startup.
188 posts
This issue has been fixed in daily build 19.5.355.
45 posts
This has just started happening to me too, within the last couple of hours (wasn't happening this morning or yesterday).

If I update to the latest daily build, does that mean I will no longer be able to use third-party renderers (Arnold and Redshift) since they are tied to specific versions?
188 posts
You can use custom builds of Redshift for Houdini from here.
https://redshift.maxon.net/topic/31230/houdini-solaris-plugins-custom-builds [redshift.maxon.net]

Copy paste the relevant folder in the 'C:\ProgramData\redshift\Plugins\Houdini' like this and the plugins work.

The most latest custom build was for build 347 of Houdini 19.5. I renamed the folder to 19.5.355 and the redshift in Houdini works at my end.
  • Quick Links