Any houdini 19.5 rumors?

34457   103   9
166 posts
smuseus
(i'd rather not go through the Tab search list or up to the tool shelf for every extrude)
Hold down C, swipe the mouse up three times, let go of C. The radial menu is quite enjoyable to use, I like it a lot. Some other aspects of the modeling experience on the other hand... not so much.
146 posts
Do you think they will publish a sneak peek of the new features before the launch event?
85 posts
jarenas
Do you think they will publish a sneak peek of the new features before the launch event?
its 10 days from now soo i dont think they will publish a sneak peek
94 posts
I bet for Houdini users sneak peek with an awesome soundtrack means as much as launch event
Edited by Faitel - July 9, 2022 04:42:54
155 posts
habernir
jarenas
its 10 days from now soo i dont think they will publish a sneak peek

what launch event?!
644 posts
Hi. This one..
https://www.sidefx.com/community/houdini-195-launch-and-game-workshop/ [www.sidefx.com]

Best
833 posts
It's customary for SideFX to publish a "trailer-ish" video in the days leading up to the launch presentation. I would guess there's one coming this week.
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
44 posts
I have enough of render plugins ! please give us the best xpu render ever!
Edited by Majinpu - July 12, 2022 06:15:36
85 posts
polast
i believe karma XPU will go beta with principled shader support. i will be surprised if they don't because everyone expecting this.
166 posts
habernir
polast
i believe karma XPU will go beta with principled shader support. i will be surprised if they don't because everyone expecting this.
Would this also mean support for nodes that aren't Material X? That would be awesome!
900 posts
I'm curious to see what ui/ux improvements will come with 19.5
Edited by Andr - July 12, 2022 10:33:54
94 posts
Digipiction
habernir
polast
Would this also mean support for nodes that aren't Material X? That would be awesome!

I don't think it would because of the quote from Materialx documentation [www.sidefx.com]:

MaterialX shading networks are designed to be portable between applications and renderers.

Because Karma XPU will never support the traditional VEX-based shaders used by Mantra and Karma CPU, MaterialX is probably the future of writing shaders for the Karma renderer.
Edited by Faitel - July 12, 2022 11:02:48
85 posts
Faitel
Digipiction
habernir
polast

I don't think it would because of the quote from Materialx documentation [www.sidefx.com]:

MaterialX shading networks are designed to be portable between applications and renderers.

Because Karma XPU will never support the traditional VEX-based shaders used by Mantra and Karma CPU, MaterialX is probably the future of writing shaders for the Karma renderer.
now i'm more curious to see what sidefx will bring in karma XPU
44 posts
I wish that kinefx controls can be more easily exported at geo level... big python states update incoming?
138 posts
No sneakpeek?
146 posts
Maybe they are going the classic product launch way, with event first and later the sneakpeek as a launch event short recap. Soon enough we will see anyway
331 posts
jarenas
Maybe they are going the classic product launch way, with event first and later the sneakpeek as a launch event short recap. Soon enough we will see anyway
I vastly prefer this route. When they did a "sneak peek" video for H19, that clip showed pretty much everything from the presentation, and made the presentation feel a bit weak. Not the release, mind you, because 19 is an amazing update, but the excitement from watching the presentation itself was definitely deflated somewhat.
46 posts
I want my sneak peak :P
Edited by CV - July 14, 2022 07:22:54
233 posts
Me too. Maybe the release is not exciting enough to have a sneak peak?
Edited by LukeP - July 14, 2022 09:50:46
833 posts
LukeP
Me too. Maybe the release is not exciting enough to have a sneak peak?

Ugh....that would be really sad. Did SideFX get bought out by Maxon?
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links