Startup warning: Viewer state type conflict

3570   11   3
30 posts
Hi Everyone!
I've been experiencing the following warning on startup in the Console since the last few builds:

= = = Resources registration = = =
Viewer state type conflict: labs::ruler
Conflicting viewer state: C:/Users/xxxxx/Documents/houdini19.0/SideFXLabs/19.0.659/SideFXLabs19.0/viewer_states/ruler.py
Colliding with: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.0/viewer_states/ruler.py

Viewer state type conflict: viewportmeasuretool
Conflicting viewer state: C:/Users/xxxxx/Documents/houdini19.0/SideFXLabs/19.0.659/SideFXLabs19.0/viewer_states/viewportmeasuretool.py
Colliding with: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.0/viewer_states/viewportmeasuretool.py

Clearly it has something to do with duplicate python files. Does anybody know which one is safe to delete?

Thank you.
7737 posts
I think you have two installs of labs. The one in your documents folder is probably the older one, since the launcher now installs labs in the launcher folder.
30 posts
jsmack
I think you have two installs of labs. The one in your documents folder is probably the older one, since the launcher now installs labs in the launcher folder.

That's what I thought but chickened out on acting on it. Thank you!
3 posts
I'm getting a similar message with 19.5, except it looks like it's colliding with itself?

Conflicting viewer state: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.5/viewer_states/viewportmeasuretool.py
Colliding with: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.5/viewer_states/viewportmeasuretool.py
8 posts
Im getting this too in 19.5.303

For me its all the kinefx stuff colliding with itself.
Edited by dunnieboy - Aug. 5, 2022 09:37:41
11 posts
Does anyone know how to fix this?
this issue is freezing my software.
188 posts
Same happening here. I tried 19.5.303 and 19.5.349.

Viewer state type conflict: labs::ruler
Conflicting viewer state: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.5/viewer_states/ruler.py
Colliding with: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.5/viewer_states/ruler.py

Conflicting viewer state: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.5/viewer_states/viewportmeasuretool.py
Colliding with: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.5/viewer_states/viewportmeasuretool.py
188 posts
dunnieboy
Im getting this too in 19.5.303

For me its all the kinefx stuff colliding with itself.

Try installing python 3.7 version of 19.5.303. That removed all the kinefx errors for me but I'm still getting errors of 'Viewer state type conflict: viewportmeasuretool' and 'Viewer state type conflict: labs::ruler'

Edit. The stream of errors came back again.
Edited by proceduralist - Aug. 22, 2022 10:32:48
1 posts
Any further update on this? I'm seeing the same self collision thing thing in 19.5.303.
188 posts
christopher_lemon
Any further update on this? I'm seeing the same self collision thing thing in 19.5.303.
Same happening with me. Tried installing and running Houdini 19.5.352 but still the same issue.
Staff
396 posts
I added a fix for the next 19.5 daily build. It looked like these type conflicts were wrong, although I wasn't able to reproduce them. The fix should avoid reporting false type conflicts.
188 posts
mabelzile
I added a fix for the next 19.5 daily build. It looked like these type conflicts were wrong, although I wasn't able to reproduce them. The fix should avoid reporting false type conflicts.

Thanks a lot! No errors popping up in 19.5.355.
  • Quick Links