Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 [4K] [H20]

28957   55   5
4486 posts
Hi,

Yes I implemented it using Python and Qt/Pyside.

This is the original video I made long ago:

Also 2 more videos that goes deep into the details of it:

Some of the details are outdated though. I made countless changes to it since then. I will make updated videos when H19 is released because the new version has more features.

Now there are customizable popup menus, viewport lock indicators, smart node creation, multi node editing like Nuke, etc.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
4486 posts

If you have access to the subdivision limit surface by patch IDs and the patch UVs, then surely you can scatter points on the limit subdivision limit surface just like you scatter points on a polygonal surface.

And this is exactly what we are gonna do in this chapter.
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

9 posts
Thank you Animatrix for sharing this knowledge!
4486 posts
Thanks a lot Mikhail!

When we are talking about creating a lot of points, we can not avoid pre-generating them for maximum performance. It might not always be applicable but when it is, the performance gains can be quite significant.

4486 posts
Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 has been updated to Houdini 19 to ensure it shows the most up to date methods available in the latest version of Houdini. Enjoy!

4486 posts
Pragmatic VEX is featured on ASUS ProArt showcase series! You can see the Supercharged extension in action.

4486 posts
Exclusive bonus content is being developed for Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 that includes 2 brand new sections! It will show how to break down and solve new complex technical problems to get aesthetic results. The last section is based on a Siggraph paper.

This content will be freely available to existing owners of Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1.

Estimated length is between 1 and 2 hours of video content.

Happy new years everyone!

4486 posts

Upcoming over 1.5 hours of brand new bonus content for Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 based on a white paper. Will be freely available to the owners of Volume 1.

www.pragmatic-vfx.com [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

Pragmatic VEX series is aimed to increase the technical capacity of the artists and TDs which will allow them to tackle more complex production shots with complete control and ease by acquiring a deeper technical understanding of how things work in Houdini at the lowest level with a strong applied focus on high-end feature film visual effects production.

Created by Yunus "animatrix" Balcioglu, Senior FX Technical Director with experience from studios such as Industrial Light & Magic and MPC. Feature film credits include Marvel's Eternals, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Aquaman, Alien: Covenant, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Justice League, and many more.

4486 posts
After months of hard work, the new bonus content for Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 is finally out! Existing users immediately received access to the updated content as soon as it went live.

I updated OP to include the latest info.

The new trailer also features the new content:

Enjoy!

9 posts
wow.
You already had a ton of content in your course and then you went ahead and added even more cool content for free.
This never happened in a major course before :o
Also I want to believe in "free bonus pack 2" (kind of)
Edited by ZeitG - April 25, 2022 11:21:40
4486 posts
ZeitG
wow.
You already had a ton of content in your course and then you went ahead and added even more cool content for free.
This never happened in a major course before :o
Also I want to believe in "free bonus pack 2" (kind of)

I can't promise bonus pack 2, but Pragmatic VEX: Volume 2 is in progress. It will create a massive impact when it comes out

4486 posts
Pragmatic VEX is featured on the Houdini facebook page! Thanks SESI!😊

4486 posts
Rodeo Visual Effects is the latest studio to join the impressive list of studios that use Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 as part of their training. More studios to follow!

4486 posts
After careful analysis and deliberation of the new features in Houdini 19.5, Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 has been updated to the latest version so you can be confident you are still using the latest techniques and methods available.

A number of videos have received updated content as well as the corresponding scene files.

Enjoy!

9 posts
wow, so fast right after the release!
4486 posts
ZeitG
wow, so fast right after the release!

It might seem very fast but I was actually working on it during the H19.5 development as I was on the alpha/beta

4486 posts
FREE Patreon giveaway!

To celebrate the 2 year anniversary of Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1, I am giving away 1 month of FREE patreon subscription for the new purchases of the course in this month.

https://www.patreon.com/animatrix [www.patreon.com]

Started in 2017, I posted over 120 advanced production tools, tips, tricks and techniques with a lot more to come at 3 posts per month!

Simply contact me after and I will arrange the patreon subscription!

4486 posts
Pragmatic VEX: Volume 1 has been updated to ever changing Houdini. In that sense the course is very much alive, always keeping up with the latest changes in the software so you can be assured that you learning the most up to date methods and workflows in a production environment.

All existing users receive the updates immediately as soon as they are pushed. The included HDAs are also updated in sync with the material.

5 posts
Thanks for sharing free chapters, I should get this ASAP. Thank you
4486 posts
mujuningaiza
Thanks for sharing free chapters, I should get this ASAP. Thank you

You are welcome and thanks a lot!

• Quick Links