how to understand Ambient Temp(K) and Reference Temp(K) ?

1613   3   1
83 posts
Hi everyone , I know "Ambient Temperature" parameter in Gas Buoyancy node can help control smoke move up and down by different temperature threshold. But i am completely confused by the "Ambient Temp(K)" and "Reference Temp(K)" parameters in the newly Pyro Slover Sparse node.I have tested those two parameters all day but still can't understand.I would like to know : are those two parameters same as "Ambient Temperature" parameter in Gas Buoyancy node?

Attachments:
未标题-1.jpg (426.3 KB)

83 posts
help me please~~
8521 posts
temperature in pyro is in ambiguous values where 0 is always ambient temperature and 1 can mean be whatever

however to help getting real world based buoyancy, there are those Kelvin sliders that are then used to compute buoyancy by assuming 0 is Ambinent Temp and 1 is Reference Temp

similarly those values can be used for shading if you use blackbody (Temperature at 0 and Temperature at 1)
Edited by tamte - Aug. 7, 2022 15:19:02
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
83 posts
tamte
temperature in pyro is in ambiguous values where 0 is always ambient temperature and 1 can mean be whatever

however to help getting real world based buoyancy, there are those Kelvin sliders that are then used to compute buoyancy by assuming 0 is Ambinent Temp and 1 is Reference Temp

similarly those values can be used for shading if you use blackbody (Temperature at 0 and Temperature at 1)

Thank you for reply , but i am still confused with those. I would like to sim a cloud , when the temperature greater than ambient temperature the cloud rise ,when the temperature rise to less than ambient temperature the cloud sink , how to setup those Kelvin sliders ?
  • Quick Links