Stitch Uvs like in Maya

1290   3   1
33 posts
Hi,

I want stitch uvs in Houdini like in Maya. When you select uv edge and select stitch, it will stitch with the shared edge with neighbour polygone and will rotate.

Is this workflow possible in Houdini?

Attachments:
Stitch.jpg (520.6 KB)
Result.jpg (480.6 KB)

7734 posts
What happens if the edges have different numbers of vertices and/or are different shapes?

You might have some luck with uvflatten, uvlayout or uv edit tools, but I'm not sure if there's an analog for edge fusing, as it wouldn't really work because of the problem mentioned above.
8513 posts
jsmack
What happens if the edges have different numbers of vertices and/or are different shapes?
I believe that should be irrelevant
I can imagine that every 2 UV islands of manifold mesh share exactly the same number (0+) of edges in 3d space
So technically should be possible to compute best fit transform for the island to get all of them the closest possible and then just snap/reflatten from there
I don't recall if any of the current UV tools does such operation or if you'd have to build it (Extract Transform SOP and Transform Pieces SOP should get you 90% there)
Edited by tamte - Aug. 22, 2022 00:07:26
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
33 posts
Thanks for your responses. Maybe Its better to attach a hip file and illustrate me issue further. I want to rotate point/prims/uvs in uv editor/space.

Attachments:
Desired result.jpg (279.3 KB)
Rotate Uvs_issue.hip (344.0 KB)

• Quick Links