Reverse pscale attribute direction

1824   7   0
17 posts
Hi everyone,

Kind of a simple question but can't quite figure it out.

I scattered some points and copied cubes on them, randomized attributes including pscale

I am getting a nice exponential falloff on pscale which is what I want, but its in reverse. I want it to start big at the bottom and gradually taper off to nothing at the top. Basically the exact opposite of what Im getting now (see screenshot).

Any idea how I reverse the direction the exponential falloff is happening?

Thanks!

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 12.14.27 AM.png (3.0 MB)

2038 posts
You could use the fit function to reverse the values.
8548 posts
Isaac Katz
exponential falloff is a random distribution
it is not supposed to be a nicely organized gradient as in your picture, how did you even make Attribute Randomize to produce an obvious gradual ramp ?

Id suggest using Attribute Adjust Float, set Pattern Type to Bounding Box, pick Axis Direction and play with the ramp
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
17 posts
BabaJ
Can you elaborate more on this? You mean using the fit function inside the attribrandomize in the 'middle value' where the scale is set?

I'm not a super expert or anything on this so an example would be super helpful, thanks in any case!
17 posts
tamte
Isaac Katz
exponential falloff is a random distribution
it is not supposed to be a nicely organized gradient as in your picture, how did you even make Attribute Randomize to produce an obvious gradual ramp ?

Id suggest using Attribute Adjust Float, set Pattern Type to Bounding Box, pick Axis Direction and play with the ramp
lol I'm honestly not sure it just sort of happened. The gradient is happening on attribrandomize P, Im then creating another attribrandomize for pscale which is the one that's reversed from what I want. So the scale has nothing to do with the distribution.

In any case your tip worked great, exactly what I was looking for and perfectly art directable. thanks!!
2038 posts
Isaac Katz
BabaJ
Can you elaborate more on this? You mean using the fit function inside the attribrandomize in the 'middle value' where the scale is set?

I'm not a super expert or anything on this so an example would be super helpful, thanks in any case!

Just post your hip and I'll add to it with an example.
17 posts
BabaJ
Isaac Katz
BabaJ

Just post your hip and I'll add to it with an example.
Here you go. Thanks!

Attachments:
Matrix_Panel_Updated.hiplc (301.4 KB)

2038 posts
Here you go.

Attachments:
Matrix_Panel_Updated_v0.hiplc (279.0 KB)

• Quick Links