How to use json file to make Redshift custom builds work?

2389   3   2
45 posts
Hello, I have tried to install a Redshift custom build for Solaris and the regular OUT context,
meaning I would like it to work in both contexts.

Houdini/Solaris 19.5.303 plugin for Redshift 3.5.04

Downloadable here: https://redshift.maxon.net/topic/31230/houdini-solaris-plugins-custom-builds [redshift.maxon.net]

Tried it with the houdini.env file, but whenever I open the IPR window, Houdini crashes.
Someone in the comments suggested to use packages instead, but I am not confident modifying the lines myself.
That's what they sent me:

{
"env":[
{"RS_PLUGIN_VERSION" : "${HOUDINI_VERSION}"},
{"REDSHIFT_COREDATAPATH": "C:/ProgramData/Redshift"},
{"HOUDINI_PATH": "${REDSHIFT_COREDATAPATH}/Plugins/Houdini/${HOUDINI_VERSION}"},
{"PATH": "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin"},
{"PXR_PLUGINPATH_NAME" : "${REDSHIFT_COREDATAPATH}/Plugins/Solaris/${RS_PLUGIN_VERSION}"}
]
}

Would someone be so kind and explain to me how exactly I need to modify this text for it to work?
I am assuming it doesn't work like this straight away?

Things like: Do I replace {"RS_PLUGIN_VERSION" : "${HOUDINI_VERSION}"} with the exact version, like "Houdini/19.5.303"
Or is the advantage of packages that this is not necessary?
22 posts
This is all I have in my .env and it works fine. I would guess the same for custom builds. I'm on OSX.

HOUDINI_PATH = "/Applications/redshift/redshift4houdini/19.0.589;&"
PXR_PLUGINPATH_NAME = "/Applications/redshift/redshift4solaris/19.0.589"
Staff
396 posts
cheesetroyer
Hello, I have tried to install a Redshift custom build for Solaris and the regular OUT context,
meaning I would like it to work in both contexts.

Houdini/Solaris 19.5.303 plugin for Redshift 3.5.04

Downloadable here: https://redshift.maxon.net/topic/31230/houdini-solaris-plugins-custom-builds [redshift.maxon.net]

Tried it with the houdini.env file, but whenever I open the IPR window, Houdini crashes.
Someone in the comments suggested to use packages instead, but I am not confident modifying the lines myself.
That's what they sent me:

{
"env":[
{"RS_PLUGIN_VERSION" : "${HOUDINI_VERSION}"},
{"REDSHIFT_COREDATAPATH": "C:/ProgramData/Redshift"},
{"HOUDINI_PATH": "${REDSHIFT_COREDATAPATH}/Plugins/Houdini/${HOUDINI_VERSION}"},
{"PATH": "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin"},
{"PXR_PLUGINPATH_NAME" : "${REDSHIFT_COREDATAPATH}/Plugins/Solaris/${RS_PLUGIN_VERSION}"}
]
}

Would someone be so kind and explain to me how exactly I need to modify this text for it to work?
I am assuming it doesn't work like this straight away?

Things like: Do I replace {"RS_PLUGIN_VERSION" : "${HOUDINI_VERSION}"} with the exact version, like "Houdini/19.5.303"
Or is the advantage of packages that this is not necessary?

The only lines you need to modify are REDSHIFT_COREDATAPATH and PATH with the redshift installation path on your machine. Place the above in a .json file under $HOUDINI_USER_PREF_DIR/packages.
Edited by mabelzile - Sept. 8, 2022 08:28:14
5 posts
This is the JSON that actually works! Excuse me, I have to go comment under some Youtube videos on the topic
  • Quick Links