view kinefx animation as local transforms

1447   4   1
75 posts
so I know kinefx is set up as 3x3 world transform animations on the points
is there an easy way to to visualize an animation with all the bones animating in local space from world zero?

I see rigdoctor with initialize transforms adds a local 4x4 matrix, but I don't know much about matrix math, so I'm not even sure how I could transfer local to regular transform.

basically looking for a procedural way to spot joints that don't move much in an animation
Edited by Sirvoxelot - Sept. 8, 2022 20:22:17
8532 posts
Sirvoxelot
I see rigdoctor with initialize transforms adds a local 4x4 matrix, but I don't know much about matrix math, so I'm not even sure how I could transfer local to regular transform
you can use Compute Transform SOP for that
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
75 posts
Thanks again Tomas!
I don't know how to read the matrix though
got any vex that I can copy to transfer '__effective_local_transform' or 'local transform' decomposed t: or r: to P ?
8532 posts
Sirvoxelot
got any vex that I can copy to transfer '__effective_local_transform' or 'local transform' decomposed t: or r: to P ?
1. you can use cracktransform() VEX to extract transform components from matrix

2. however you can also use Attribute Transform Extract SOP to do it without VEX for matrix and matrix3 attributes

3. if you just want to view them in Geometry Spreadsheet, you can also just turn on View/Decomposed Matrices
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
75 posts
yey #2 totally worked! thanks again Tomas!
  • Quick Links