Poly Bevel issue with extruded object.

1996   5   0
16 posts
Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Hello,

I had imported a illustrator file, then extruded, then I had applied the Poly bevel node but I had encountered several issues, can someone please take a look at the capture provided?.

Thanks in advance for the support and help.

Attachments:
Screen-Shot-2022-09-29-at-8-34-53-PM.png (2.2 MB)

56 posts
In this case the n-sided polygons seem to cause the problem,not sure,but you can try triangulating them with remesh/divide SOP before extruding
16 posts
Benyee
In this case the n-sided polygons seem to cause the problem,not sure,but you can try triangulating them with remesh/divide SOP before extruding

Hello there,

Unfortunately, still get the same issue, I will try different settings.

I appreciate your time and help!.
89 posts
Hard to tell without having a look to the real geometry.

As you don't provide an explicit edge group, did you use the exclusion option (ignore flat edge) + angle (around 30 probably).
You might want to compute the normals after the bevel (vertex - by face area for the weighting) to get good result with ngones.
(even tho it's not your initial problem here).
Edited by PaQ WaK - Oct. 1, 2022 16:36:48
Gameloft
248 posts
you can see the very elongated and superthin triangle in your body - it will cause problems for polybevel (otherwise it will result in broken geometry if bevel overshoots them)
https://twitter.com/oossoonngg [twitter.com]
378 posts
Also make sure that your AI curve is clean. Illustrator files might contain curve points too close together or even self intersecting curves. I'd resample the curve first in any case.
Edited by OneBigTree - Oct. 3, 2022 22:43:46
  • Quick Links