Texture/Mask/Displacement Painting HDA, WIP

53815   199   11
678 posts
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
I hear ya, my target audience is indeed people /studios in need of a tool to save them lots of money and time.

...with a hdalc. good luck with that.

Cheers
CYTE
4 posts
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
Hey Cyte,

I understand but please consider that this tool literally saves you days of time. If you buy a one month subscription you could do 5-6-7 months of work with it. Is that not worth $249 ? I think it is :p

So someone that needs a new lizard three months in a row should pay $750 dollars just for the scales? Doesn't make sense to me really. It's cheaper to make a custom tool, even if it's not as versatile and robust as yours.

$250 would make sense for a lifetime licence. Or like 10$ per month. But that's just my opinion.
Edited by paolo1990 - Nov. 15, 2022 11:55:00
359 posts
This looks like a very well-thought-out tool, but you're likely not going to have good luck charging indie users $250/mo for a niche product like this, and studios bigger than a tiny handful of people aren't going to buy an HDALC; it would violate their license agreement and potentially screw up their pipeline. You might want to rethink your approach (and/or get an FX license so you can distribute HDAs).
MOPs (Motion Operators for Houdini): http://www.motionoperators.com [www.motionoperators.com]
136 posts
Alright, thanks you guys for your point of view; I'll take it under consideration.
If the market's simply not there for this pricing, following a time-and-money saved approach,then that's what is. Lemme think about.
Edited by Wout Tengrootenhuysen - Nov. 15, 2022 21:52:57
7 posts
My thoughts have always been sell more for less can sometimes make a bigger earning.

As of now I don't have the funds. But will buy at some stage.
136 posts
Shaun Bishop
My thoughts have always been sell more for less can sometimes make a bigger earning.

As of now I don't have the funds. But will buy at some stage.

Okedoke, thank you !
2 posts
I just discovered this HDA. I think this method could be a great retopology HDA.
136 posts
Sakib
I just discovered this HDA. I think this method could be a great retopology HDA.
Interesting, I think someone mentioned this before too ! Thank you
136 posts
I have revised the prices for Indie: $100 for an Indie 1 year license:

https://wouttengrootenhuysen.gumroad.com/l/scales [wouttengrootenhuysen.gumroad.com]
7 posts
Wout Tengrootenhuysen
I have revised the prices for Indie: $100 for an Indie 1 year license:

https://wouttengrootenhuysen.gumroad.com/l/scales [wouttengrootenhuysen.gumroad.com]

Now that I like.
1 posts
I am having trouble importing models into Houdini and having the scales work, I have tried Max, Maya, Zbrush, and Blender.

Attachments:
Screenshot_1.png (1.3 MB)

136 posts
Montrose
I am having trouble importing models into Houdini and having the scales work, I have tried Max, Maya, Zbrush, and Blender.

Hi, make sure the size of the input geo is right, it looks like it might be very big. If you like, you could send me a file so I can better see what’s going on .
136 posts
Hey Everyone !

I wish you all the best and a very Happy New year :p

And here's a little demo for version 1.1 which will have a symmetry mode :p

Edited by Wout Tengrootenhuysen - Jan. 5, 2023 14:20:42
136 posts
Some test with a gold shader:

Attachments:
SCALES_V43.jpg (335.5 KB)
SCALES_V44.jpg (429.2 KB)

136 posts
Timelapse demo with symmetry on for upcoming Scales release v1.1. Took about 45 minutes to make the scales from scratch 👍😄

136 posts
Rendered result from testing v1.1 👍👍😄

Attachments:
SCALES_V45.jpg (223.7 KB)

136 posts
Scales V1.1 is here with a new symmetry mode so you only have to do half the work :p

Get a license here: https://wouttengrootenhuysen.gumroad.com/l/scales [wouttengrootenhuysen.gumroad.com]

or

if you already have a license, simply get v1.1 from your Gumroad downloads section

Have fun!
Edited by Wout Tengrootenhuysen - Jan. 16, 2023 23:02:13

Attachments:
Demo8_gif.gif (638.3 KB)

136 posts
Hi,

If you're interested in an FX version of my scales HDA ( currently Indie license only), please add your details in the google doc below and/or let me know privately. If enough people sign on, I can convert the HDA to FX.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AW0aYH8ddB9pzLvVzz_XqeG3ujOM9K9bBMcXg-DIGLM/edit [docs.google.com]

Wout
Edited by Wout Tengrootenhuysen - May 3, 2023 15:19:46
7 posts
I purchased this and latest version just continually get console errors?

OpenCL Exception: clEnqueueWriteBuffer (-5)
OpenCL Context error: CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES error executing CL_COMMAND_WRITE_BUFFER on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (Device 0).
OpenCL Exception: clEnqueueWriteBuffer (-5)

Is there a support email or something?
Edited by SnakeHips - Nov. 25, 2023 14:45:44
136 posts
Hi, sure you can send me a email at wouttgh at gmail dot com
  • Quick Links