rat

3672   4   3
523 posts
Hello,

how can I convert a texture to .rat format ?

thanks,

bern
1390 posts
from command line:

>> icp mytexture.tiff mytexture.rat

or from Houdini/Halo as any other image file. Load -> RMB: “Save As…”

try “icp -h” for more help.

cheers,
sy.
1529 posts
or from Houdini/Halo as any other image file. Load -> RMB: “Save As…”

And in addition, this also works with mplay… which is a brilliant piece of software…

Cheers,

G
33 posts
Hi, is it possible to convert a sequence of tiffs into a single .rat file? I have a sequence of smoke images that I want to play in a repeating fashion as they are shown on the sprites that are instanced to particles. When I sourced the tiff sequence into a vex layered surface shader and then sourced that shader into the sprites and put it on repeat it only shows the first image in the sequence while the particles are emmiting. I'm trying to get the smoke sequence to play on each sprite.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

srgb
Quality Assurance
The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd.
1390 posts
As you can convert multi tiffs into 3d texture there is no need to do this in case you describe. Just vary you texture name in sprite shader based on $F (frame number) variable. there are plenty of examples on this.

In texture map field in shader ui: “./mytexture.$F.rat”
or create point string variable storing texture name which will be used by sprite shader.

For example this expression (quick and dirty ): ops: ($F+floor(rand($PT)*$NPT))%20

will loop through 20 frames of textures on but every point/particle will start from different frame of seq.

Put it into: myTexure`expression_or_variable`.rat and you're done.

hope this help.
sy.
  • Quick Links