Materialx displacement shader error

1827   4   0
138 posts
what's going on?The displacement shader is working or not?

Attachments:
Snipaste_2022-12-05_16-25-56.jpg (157.9 KB)

Staff
43 posts
Do you have anything plugged into the Displacement shader? The warning is telling you that the shader isn't doing anything, so it's being skipped for efficiency purposes. A Karma MtlX Subnet automatically creates a MtlX Displacement node and connects it to displacement_output. If you leave it in the network but don't actually use it, then you'll get this warning.
138 posts
BryanRay
Do you have anything plugged into the Displacement shader? The warning is telling you that the shader isn't doing anything, so it's being skipped for efficiency purposes. A Karma MtlX Subnet automatically creates a MtlX Displacement node and connects it to displacement_output. If you leave it in the network but don't actually use it, then you'll get this warning.

Can we disable this warning?It's kind annoying.
Staff
43 posts
I don't think there's a way to do that, no. Like most warnings, its purpose is to alert you that there's something wonky. If it's annoying you, then I think the right move would be to fix the shaders, not to disable the warning.
138 posts
BryanRay
I don't think there's a way to do that, no. Like most warnings, its purpose is to alert you that there's something wonky. If it's annoying you, then I think the right move would be to fix the shaders, not to disable the warning.

ok.And what about using the mtlx standard surface as default?In most cases,people create the mtlx subnet,dive into,delete the mtlxsurface,oh...
  • Quick Links