MASH for Maya World node equivalent in Houdini.

2298   6   0
52 posts
Hi
Out of curiosity, is there a way to emulate Maya's MASH World node in Houdini?
Anyone developed something similar where you can scatter the seeds of multiple plant types and they grow and multiply according to the species, nutrirnts, altitude and light direction?
52 posts
Alternatively, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to export the equivalent of Houdini's instance points position, pscale, orient and variant ID from MASH Maya so to use them in Houdini.
Edited by PaoloGiandoso - June 12, 2022 07:19:25
419 posts
You can connect the Mash network to the Bifrost graph and export that to Houdini using alembic or USD. With properties, so Houdini can read them, you can go back and forth.
52 posts
sepu
You can connect the Mash network to the Bifrost graph and export that to Houdini using alembic or USD. With properties, so Houdini can read them, you can go back and forth.

Would you mean that there is a way to export points with attributes from Maya Bifrost?
Would you know if there is a tutorial on how to do this whole workflow?
419 posts
I'll do a quick demo for you later on, how this works
419 posts
I had finally some time this weekend so here you go as you can see in these two screenshots the pts from Mash/BF are matching when you bring them into Houdini, with all attributes as well.

I wrote some explanations on sticky notes.

Make sure you are running the latest version of Bifrost 2.6 came out a few days ago.

Attachments:
maya_nwaotjZeWP.png (376.7 KB)
houdini_Du891vYEGG.png (1.5 MB)
maya_PLGGofsLSZ.png (56.9 KB)
maya_IXhxnydMX0.gif (1.0 MB)
Mash_BFToH.zip (104.0 KB)

1 posts
If the instancer node has transform attribute,it will not match,how to fix that if i need to keep the insctancer node transform?
  • Quick Links